Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

what song are your bridesmaids walking down the aisle to?

I've known since day one that I would not be going with traditional music for my ceremony. I will be walking down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train and we will walk back up the aisle as husband and wife to "Only wanna be with you" by Hootie & The Blowfish. But I can't for the life of me figure out a song for my bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to. Any suggestions? What are yall using?

Re: what song are your bridesmaids walking down the aisle to?

• asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls will be walking down to the same song as my dad and I.. "Everything" by Lifehouse. Its a long song, and by the time dad and I hit the isle, it will be the chorus, and that the important part of the song! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Marry Me as well, but since I have a small wedding party (two girls, three guys), I'm thinking everyone will probably walk in to that.
    image 117 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 2 Can't find the mailbox!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Marry Me for the bridal party to enter to
    I love the song, but FI picked a song that he wants me to walk down the aisle to (I can't wait-be my wife by Runner Runner) so I opted to use Marry Me for the bridal party
  • besaw.2besaw.2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using "Let it Be"-- it's an instrumental version by Instrumental Memories. Our ceremony music ironically ended up with a Beatles theme. I'm walking to an instrumental/accoustic version of " Here comes the Sun". 
  • kriistinuhkriistinuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Libby, I just listened to the song by Runner Runner..absolutely LOVE it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    The bridesmaids are walking into To Make you Feel my Love and I am walking in with Bruno Mars, just the way you are. Hopefully, we are having a harp and the harpist has not replied saying she can do these songs yet.
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our party is walking down to Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids are walking down the aisle to an acoustic (piano) arrangement of Black Balloon by the Goo Goo Dolls. I think you can use any song that you want as long as it's "you" so don't be afraid to think outside the box :]
  • leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars for the wedding party as well as myself if it is long enough. If not my fiance wants to use Lets' Get Married by Jagged Edge.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • wagnera4wagnera4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the wedding party to walk in, I used "I'm Yours" but not Jason Mraz's version - look up Straight No Chaser - it's a really great a capella version of the song.  And for my entrance,  I used "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - the Hawaiian version by Israel (really long last name).  Both songs go really great together.
  • rkjensenrkjensen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding party and myself and dad will all walk down to "Viva la Vida Meets Love Story" and we're walking back up the aisle to "Everglow"
  • kcollins11kcollins11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love all of the different songs people are using!!

We're going with "The Rhythm of Love" by the Plain White T's :) 
    Sept. 2011 August Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    St. Lucia!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MAMA41206MAMA41206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my bridesmaids are walking down to "across the universe" by the beatles.

I can't decide what to walk down to but I don't want it to be "here comes the bride"
  • edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids will be walking down to "Forrest Gump Suite" / The Feather Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0j8VT3U-E

I will be walking down to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal (being sung)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am7EI5tdaX4
  • kwilc22kwilc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the awesome suggestions everyone! I was really stuck on this!
  • edited December 2011
    my BP is walking in to Marry Me, Im being piped in by bag pipes (very irish family) and we will walk back down the aisle to Here by Rascal Flatts. If you go on to One Tree Hills Website and look up music for Season 8 813 the other half of me, it has music wedding related similar to "Marry Me" :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sandals Grande St. Lucia
  • edited December 2011
    our bridal party will be walking down to the song Magic by Colbie Calliett.  

I'll be walking down the isle with my dad while a good friend plays either Can You Feel the Love Tonight (lion King Version), Love Will Keep Us Alive (the Eagles) or Stand By Me via guitar (no singing though)... depends which song is easiest for our friend to play on the guitar.

Husband and I are going to walk out of ceremony to Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland. We LOVE and joke about that song all the time with each other. Can't wait!!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    The wedding party is walking down to Unchained Melody by Esteban, it is an instrumental version and my dad I will be walking down to the main theme from the movie Ever After.
  • jrbyjrby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     No one walks to "Here comes the Bride" anymore? I noticed at recent weddings I've been to they haven't played it, and it disappointed me. Is that just too traditional and more people are opting for a more modern approach? I was planning on walking to it, but have no idea what the bridal party will walk to or what we will all walk out to. Would it be odd to have traditional music for the walking in parts and something more modern to walk out to? I haven't put a lot of thought into this yet- yikes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you to the ladies that introduced me to Jon Schmidt!!! I love his "Love Story meets Viva la Vida"!!!! I just found the song for me and my girls. Viva la Vida is my absolute all time favorite and its BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Girls are walking to String Quartet version of Wonderwall by Oasis and I'm walking to "I'll Be Waiting" by Michael Franti and Spearhead

• edited December 2011

I'm not using here comes the bride because I'm Jewish and Jewish weddings do not typically allow it... it was written by an anti-semite. It's not allowed in most temples anymore. So I'm doing all Beatles songs for the ceremony!

• edited July 2012
    I love the above. Thanks everyone for your input.
    Im not married as yet, but I am trying to chose between the following songs for all of us:

Love will keep us alive - eagles, I cant wait for it - runner man, Can you feel the love tonight - Elton John, After Afterall, The first time and finally The first time :)

Wish me luck and I wish you the same
  • I feel in love with it imediately!
  • Thanks for all the sugestions..
    I am going to use Queens here comes the bride (from flash gordon) and i really love the song marry me so i think i will use that.. getting married in 18 days was not sure what i was going to do. thanks everyone
  • I'm thinking of  walking down to, I can't help falling in love with you by Elvis Presley but I am loving the suggestions
  • Mcsweets said:
    Our party is walking down to Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath
    I love Love Never Fails! One of my bridesmaids studied vocals in college and is a singer, so she will be singing it at our ceremony. Great pick!
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • We were going to do Jason Mraz - I'm Yours, but that's a no-go with the band now so we switched it to The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun.
  • Well, I was set on Marry Me for the BP, and now that I have read this, I am going to do Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath and Marry Me both!  Just gotta figure out who walks in to which! 
  • here are some great songs..
    Beloved-Tenth avenue north. 
    The marriage prayer-John Waller.
    Congrats girls (: 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards