Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First dance song

So originally, i wanted to dance to "Nothing Else Matters" By Metallica, but thats a nearly 6 minute song, which is a bit long, so we're incorporating it into our pre-ceremony music/prelude.

So i went on the hunt for a first dance song, and on a whim listened to some Michael Buble songs. 

And i found it.

"Hold On" is the perfect song. I sobbed, because it is so perfect.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First dance song

• Options

Whatever envokes that response must be the song for you! We are choosing "Then" by Brad Paisley. It's perfect. Never heard the song before, but we love it. It didn't make me cry, but it gave me goose bumps.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, now i just need to listen to it a bunch more times, so i don't sob during the dance. i'm going to be crying enough that day already.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to make sure I don't cry on the Father-Daughter dance. My dad told me the first time he heard "I loved her first" that he had to dance with me to this song. He's cute, he's been thinking about songs since I was a kid! So that song is going to be the one to get to me if any of them do. Most likely I'll lose it way before then, and I am not a crier!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My dad wants to use "I Loved Her First" as well. I'm going to be crying my eyes out!

Our first dance will be to "Warmness On The Soul" by Avenged Sevenfold.
  • Options
    If you're like us and want a song that will be THE song you will love for the rest of your life, a song that everyone at your wedding willl remember for the rest of their life then listen to Last Love by Whitney Steele. Last Love is the most beautiful song ever! Not that it's important, but II met my gorgeous groom to be Marques online and he IS most definately the last love of my life!

IAnd if you like the Gin Blossoms (we love the Gin Blossoms) see Whitney, who is so filled with heart and soul AND not to mention an incredible singer songwriter, Last Love video and tell me you can't see yourself walking down the aisle to that song! See Whitney's unofficial video of Last Love with Scotty Johnson of the Gin Blossoms here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y16J1eCkySY

Marques found this Whitney Steele song for us and I love it...  If you need a wedding song, walk down the aisle song or first dance song, I'll share my wedding song with you!. We bought it on CD Baby and know every word by heart!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards