Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Untraditional Music

I hate using the usual wedding music for the bouquet toss and garter toss. I have an amazing DJ who works for a radio station and majority of the guests are younger...20s-30s and both of our familes like to party. So am I crazy for choosing these songs (will they be way to inappropriate) or do you think this will liven up the party?

Bridal Party Entrance: Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO

First Dance: My Kinda Crazy by Brantley Gilbert

Father Daughter: Sweet Child O Mine (acoustic) by Slash

Garter Removal: Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship

Bouquet Toss: Mash Up of Single Ladies by Beyonce and Only Girl (In the World) By Rihanna

Garter Toss: Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO

Garter Put on Bouquet Catcher: Give Me Everything By Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo

Leaving Reception: Love Me by Jusitn Bieber

Re: Untraditional Music

• aseej4aseej4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are all fun! Should defff get the crowd ready to party! And keep it going! Im going for the same feel, and here's what i've got so far...

First Dance: Make you Feel My Love – Adele
    Father Daughter: She’s Leaving – The Beatles
    Mother Son: ???
    OR BOTH PARENTS DANCE: My Wish: Rascal Flats
    Tossing the Bouquet: Bad Reputation - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
    Cake Cutting: Hit me with your best shot – Pat Benatar
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_untraditional-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d03a4b86-4f90-4d00-952c-14d05523bce2Post:d6c7e109-d8e1-44a7-bca2-b11469856f56">Untraditional Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate using the usual wedding music for the bouquet toss and garter toss. I have an amazing DJ who works for a radio station and majority of the guests are younger...20s-30s and both of our familes like to party. So am I crazy for choosing these songs (will they be way to inappropriate) or do you think this will liven up the party? Bridal Party Entrance: Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO First Dance: My Kinda Crazy by Brantley Gilbert Father Daughter: Sweet Child O Mine (acoustic) by Slash Garter Removal: Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship Bouquet Toss: Mash Up of Single Ladies by Beyonce and Only Girl (In the World) By Rihanna Garter Toss: Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO Garter Put on Bouquet Catcher: Give Me Everything By Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo Leaving Reception: Love Me by Jusitn Bieber
    Posted by mebaker87[/QUOTE]

I like your choices! These songs would definitely put me in the mood to party, and I've never heard any of these songs for the particular events at a wedding before. Kudos to you!
  • jalafajalafa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have alot of untraditional music too and I think thats what wil make our ceremony/reception more memorable! Have fun w/it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards