Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

DJ question

Hi.  My sister is getting married next April and she is planning on having a dj.  I had  a band so I am not help.  My question is her reception is 5 hours long (6-11pm) and it's just in one room.  The dj has a rate for 4 hours and then additional $100 for an extra hour.  We don't need him to do his dj services that first hour, just some soft music would be fine, but I don't know if that means we would have to pay for the additional hour to have him make up a playlist for the first hour while people arrive.  I also don't want him to be setting up if we only do 4 hours during that first hour.  What do people do for dj's?  TIA!

Re: DJ question

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just pay him that $100 so he can set up before everyone arrives. You don't want him still setting up as guests are walking in.
  • Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ is a friend of my FI, so without knowing for sure, I would think that just playing soft background music the first hour, would count towards his DJ services.  But talk with him, he may give you a discount for the 5th hour, if he can just set up a simple playlist that first hour and let it play.  This would be worked out in your contract with him.
  • Options
    jlawhead777jlawhead777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any professional Dj would be set up long before your guest arrive. If she's looking at small time Djs I would negotiate the first hour of music with them... Even offer to have Cd made with music for the first hour. If it is a big Dj company I'd just pay for that extra hour of $100.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards