Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What do you think of this idea?

I'm trying to figure out all of the music...like the processional and whatnot. Well there is this new song by Coldplay called "Paradise" (you've probably/maybe heard it) and I think the music to it is beautiful and my FI and I absolutely love this song. So I was thinking of finding an instrumental version to play as I come down the aisle. It's a little nontraditional...but I kind of like the idea. Is anyone else not using the traditional bridal march songs?

Re: What do you think of this idea?

• I'm not using the wedding march either. I think it's fine, and that song is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am still debating my ceremony music, but I enjoy both of the songs you guys have chosen. rachael, I heard a string quartet version of "yellow" by coldplay and it was lovely as well. I was thinking of "bittersweet symphony"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't know if you are getting married in a Catholic church or not, but they won't you play just any music - at least not my church in NJ.  I wanted "The Prayer" by Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli along with "You Lift Me Up" by Josh Groban played while they are waiting for me to arrive, but the diocese will not allow it.  Mind you both songs have a very strong religious meaning.  I am going to call the diocese and talk to them - I am hoping they will make an allowance since "The Prayer" has a very special meaning to us - we lost quite a few family members - 2 last year and I wanted to honor them with the song..
  • Great song- I am not doing a traditional march either.  I'm walking to Vitamin String Quartet, Sweet Child O Mine. I think the instrumental version to Paradise is great and you should definitely use it. You should also check out VSQ for other song ideas too. 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards