Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What to walk down to??

I need some suggestions! I don't want to walk down to the traditional wedding march. I want something instrumental, dramatic and elegant at the same time. When my fiance's sister got married she walked down to the theme from the Chronicles of Narnia and I LOVED it, but I don't want to use the same song she did and I haven't had much luck finding something similiar.

Any ideas?

Re: What to walk down to??

• I love the movie My Girl, this is an instrumental song from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3yBYZB76s
    It speeds up a bit after the minute mark. Not sure if it's something you're into but thought I'd suggest it. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Vitamin String Quartet (just search youtube).  They do a lot of string covers of popular music that are quite beautiful.  I think that I am going to walk down the aisle to their version of "Take My Breath Away."   You can buy all of their songs on iTunes.
  • I felt exactly the same way when attempting to figure out what music to play!  We had a number of classical, elegant songs playing while everyone was sitting, but the two main songs included "Honor" by Hans Zimmer (from The Pacific) and then "Moonrise" by Brian Crain. 

Most people had not heard these songs before, which made their presence even more special.  "Honor" is absolutely beautiful and becomes incredibly dramatic near the middle and end.  I chose to walk down the aisle to "Moonrise", which is a more delicate, yet beautiful song.  The two mixed together were breathtaking and everyone was talking about those songs after the ceremony ended.  They are not traditional, but beautiful.
  • I am walking down to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri played by a violinist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards