Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First song with pops

So I picked this song for my first dance with my dad but my ol man doesnt really like it. he told me its my choice but i want it to be something that everyone will like or whatnot. the song is footprints in the sand by leona lewis and i would cut it at the 2 minute 30 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqsltr5vsE

Please let me know if you like the choice or not, if not please give me some ideas for song wise. Thanks!

Re: First song with pops

• edited December 2011
    I like it, but not sure it is great for the father/daughter dance. Did you ask your Dad if he had a particular song in mind? My Dad choose the song he wanted to dance with me to - he choose Sweet Melissa by the Allmond Brothers bc well, my name is Melissa and it fit perfectly.

You could try weddingwire.com and look under father/daughter dance songs for more ideas. Also, why not try asking your dj for ideas/suggestions? Our dj provided us with a song list of ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    I like it a lot! I wouldn't really picture it as a father/daughter song, it's more religiously based, but if you're religious and your father is it can be perfect! Incorporating God in as well as your father! Another great song is I loved her first by Heartland, Butterfly kisses By Bob Carlisle or, My little girl by Tim Mcgraw :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards