Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Violin Solo Music

Does anyone know any good songs to use for the prelude, processional, and recessional that can be played as a violin solo?  I'm looking for songs that are beautiful, translate well to violin solo, and are a little bit outside of the box. 

Thank you!
September 2011 Siggy Challenge of the Month - Colors imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Violin Solo Music

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Classical, pop, or either? My MOH is a violinist and plays a lot of wedding gigs, so I can ask her, I know she has played solo on occasion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• blegareblegare member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either! Thanks so much!
    September 2011 Siggy Challenge of the Month - Colors imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked with her and she is trying to come up with some suggestions.  One song she recommends is "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach which has a beautiful melody that could easily be played by a solo instrument.

She played a wedding once where the bride requested "Bittersweet Symphony", although that was violin duo and not solo, but that song does have a very characteristic violin sound so it might be possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2011
    i have a violinst too and wanted to have unique songs too!

Air in G String (Bach)
    Salut d'Amor (Elgar)
    Thais Meditation

And i love Arioso also by Bach.

All classical but something different than the usual. Enjoy!
    "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards