Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Slowing down a song??

Does anyone know if a DJ will or even can slow down a song just a bit?  I really want to dance to Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not, but the tempo is just a smidge too fast.  Anyone know if this is possible?
Anniversary

Re: Slowing down a song??

• seesawgirlseesawgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, in general, if a DJ slows down a song, its going to change the pitch of the song itself. (think the chipmunk effect, but backwards) So, yes, it is possible, but...I doubt you want that effect for your first dance. 
    There is a way you can do that without changing anything but the speed, but it involves different equipment and software than most wedding DJs have, and is usually best if its only used on instrumentals...it has the tendency to give vocals an "auto-tuned" sound.  
    I think you'd have better luck finding a dance designed for faster songs.
    Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I know it would def change the pitch, but I would only need it slowed down a tiny tiny bit.  We'll figure it out I suppose.  Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • There's an app - The Amazing Slow Downer. I think you can save it as an MP3 and then the DJ should be able to play it. To be honest, the DJ may have it as well. I would think a good DJ could make that happen for you, especially with some notice! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards