March 2013 Weddings

New March 2013 bride :)

Hey all!

We just moved our date to March 2013, we had originally been planning for a Nov 2012 wedding but our venue was booked, and by waiting until March we secured some killer deals!!

It feels like it's so far off, but I'm glad to have the extra time!!  We've been engaged since Christmas 2007, so it's nice to actually have a date set!!!!

I guess since it's so far off the board is a little quiet these days.. What's everyone doing as far as planning at this point??  Just waiting, like me? Lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New March 2013 bride :)

• yeah! we finally set our date March 2013 but you're right seems so far off. actually we have started planning.. we've checked out a couple of venues, caterers and started compiling our guest list.
  • Congrats!! :)  It's nice to know I'm not crazy for starting to plan so far ahead!!

We are a few weeks away from booking our venue, which will cover a lot since its a package deal [DJ, cake, food, drinks..done!]

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! I think now is the perfect time to start planning. March 2013 is almost a year away!

We have our venue booked (we're getting 2011 prices, score!), DJ booked (he's a friend) and bartender (also a friend). We have our colors picked out. Other than that nothings completely set in stone. I've just been gathering ideas and trying to save up some money. I've tried on dresses but can't commit to one yet. I don't know if I'm just being indecisive as usual or if I haven't found "the one"!

It's nice to have time to really plan things out and save up so even though we're having a budget wedding, it's going to be amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Welcome!! =)  We just booked venue, photographer, videographer ...  and I'm loving it!!  Even though it's hard for me to come up with a lot that we have left to do ... I know it is onlyyy the (very) beginning.  Soon enough, our dates will be here!!

=)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-march-2013-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:0186e839-2f92-4256-ab7c-2f149faadb0aPost:b755dd39-6c62-41b5-a872-5211311c40e9">Re: New March 2013 bride :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I think now is the perfect time to start planning. March 2013 is almost a year away! We have our venue booked (we're getting 2011 prices, score!), DJ booked (he's a friend) and bartender (also a friend). We have our colors picked out. Other than that nothings completely set in stone. I've just been gathering ideas and trying to save up some money. I've tried on dresses but can't commit to one yet. I don't know if I'm just being indecisive as usual or if I haven't found "the one"! It's nice to have time to really plan things out and save up so even though we're having a budget wedding, it's going to be amazing!
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

Woohoo for 2011 prices!  I actually got lucky with our photographer, they had a seasonal promotion for 2011-2012 winter weddings [ending soon!!] and since I contacted them already they offered to give me the same rate even though the wedding is over a year away!!  I've tried on a few dresses, fell in love with the first one, decided to wait on it..and now it's gone :(  You'll definitely know when you find 'the one'!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-march-2013-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:0186e839-2f92-4256-ab7c-2f149faadb0aPost:7754b29e-8b0d-45d3-89e0-9158bb7e6b57">Re: New March 2013 bride :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!! =)  We just booked venue, photographer, videographer ...  and I'm loving it!!  Even though it's hard for me to come up with a lot that we have left to do ... I know it is onlyyy the (very) beginning.  Soon enough, our dates will be here!! =)
    Posted by kari06_12[/QUOTE]

Eek!  You've already accomplished more then us! lol we found our venue, but need our tax returns to put down the deposit.. and I'm still researching different photo/video options in the area.. I figure with so much time I can shop around a bit and hopefully find some good deals [like a 2011 promo package that they agreed to let me use even though it'll be next spring!!]  I feel like time is going to drag by, but I'm sure it will start flying as more decisions are made, and we start taking care of the details [dress, tuxes, etc]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got engaged New Years Eve. I started 'brainstorming' and researching right away. I'm a planner as it is so this is going to be fun!!
    We narrowed down to 2 venues, met with the first one last week and the 2nd one will be tomorrow.
    We picked our Bridal party and I asked my BM already(I couldn't controll myself)! He's going to ask his guys Feb 11 when we all go away to Lancaster for the night as a group.
    We picked our DJ and photography, both are friends of ours.
    We picked a date but still have to pick the venue so it's not set in stone yet.
    I'm so excited that things are slowly falling together!!
    I love reading everyone else's planning, it's great to be so far ahead of schedule. It's so much more relaxed and you have time to think about all your decisions and read plenty of reviews!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-march-2013-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:0186e839-2f92-4256-ab7c-2f149faadb0aPost:53119fa0-2e90-4f3f-9595-ace0538af0cd">Re: New March 2013 bride :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got engaged New Years Eve. I started 'brainstorming' and researching right away. I'm a planner as it is so this is going to be fun!! We narrowed down to 2 venues, met with the first one last week and the 2nd one will be tomorrow. We picked our Bridal party and I asked my BM already(I couldn't controll myself)! He's going to ask his guys Feb 11 when we all go away to Lancaster for the night as a group. We picked our DJ and photography, both are friends of ours. We picked a date but still have to pick the venue so it's not set in stone yet. I'm so excited that things are slowly falling together!! I love reading everyone else's planning, it's great to be so far ahead of schedule. It's so much more relaxed and you have time to think about all your decisions and read plenty of reviews!
    Posted by BrideLaurenH[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!!  I always wanted a NYE proposal, lol but he surprised me and did it on Christmas 07 instead!  It sounds like you have everything all lined up already!! Ahh I can't even imagine picking my bridal party yet!  I had a vague idea of who I wanted to ask, and 2 of them are now pregnant [1 who I don't plan on speaking to anymore...drama! and 1 that is one of my best friends, thankfully she's due 6 months before the wedding so she'll have plenty of time to decide if she wants to be a BM or just a guest!]  It's so nice to have a few ladies to talk to here :)  Maybe we can get a little more action on this board!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our wedding party picked already. We decided to keep it kind of small. We've lost touch with a lot of friends lately because they were college friends that moved away. Still good friends, but not quite as much. My FI has two best friends he's known forever and a brother. I've become good friends with FI's friends FI (sounds weird.. lol) so she's a BM. I also have my sorority little sister and my sister. So I guess for us it was pretty easy :-)

BTW what does being pregnant have to do with being in the WP? The couple in ours has 2 kids. They will be 9 and about 1 1/2 at the time of our wedding. Both will probably be in it as well but we haven't decided. People could definitely get pregnant between now and then!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I agree , it seems so far away! I feel like I have a whole year to just wait for it to happen! Im not real big on planning so i took the easy way out and decided to do a cruise weddingWink, so all i really have to do is just show up!  I really wanted a beach wedding but it was gonna be so expensive. The cruise wedding is just easier all the way around! Ive already got my bridesmaids picked out, I just need to find their dresses! Im usually a huge procrastinator but i knew if i wanted to do a cruise i would have to give ppl enough time to pay and plan for it! The wedding is alreadybooked and paid for , for the most part! Im soooo excited and good luck to all my fellow March 2013 bridesSmile

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-march-2013-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:0186e839-2f92-4256-ab7c-2f149faadb0aPost:c0b8d6e7-3557-4609-b0ca-b6975d485059">Re: New March 2013 bride :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree , it seems so far away! I feel like I have a whole year to just wait for it to happen! Im not real big on planning so i took the easy way out and decided to do a cruise wedding , so all i really have to do is just show up!  I really wanted a beach wedding but it was gonna be so expensive. The cruise wedding is just easier all the way around! Ive already got my bridesmaids picked out, I just need to find their dresses! Im usually a huge procrastinator but i knew if i wanted to do a cruise i would have to give ppl enough time to pay and plan for it! The wedding is alreadybooked and paid for , for the most part! Im soooo excited and good luck to all my fellow March 2013 brides
    Posted by mscamico[/QUOTE]

Ooh! A cruise sounds exciting!!!   I wanted a beach wedding as well, way our of our budget!!  A cruise seems like a good choice though, at least you'll be in the water! :)  I was totally picking out an all inclusive package at our venue, and we decided to start all over and plan a Vegas wedding...Great job on eliminating a lot of the stress!  Your day will be beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got you weddding gown?  Go to Atlanta Bride Couture in Alpharetta !!  It was an awesome experience and you will love Sara, the owner.  Everyone wants to get a designer wedding gown and save $$. Prices range from $500 - $3500, and it's a full service salon, alterations, bridesmaids, mother-of-the-bride, etc.  Go to Sara !!  I guarantee you will find an amazing wedding gown.

Need a gown quick ~ Sara sells her floor sample gowns too !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    404-229-8690
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards