March 2013 Weddings

Thursday or Friday??

Hi y'all in my Paula Deen voice!

I am having a little trouble deciding on a day! We originally picked May but had to change it because the venue I want is already booked! So, we went with March! Just narrowed down the date this past weekend Thurs.3/28 or Friday 3/29 2013! Well I was informed by a vendor that was the week of Easter next year!!

So, now I'm not sure if we should go with Thursday or Friday? He wants Friday and thinks I shouldn't care or worry about what people will say or think! That's easier said than done!!

Any thoughts or ideas?

Re: Thursday or Friday??

• Friday for sure unless you're not planning on a long reception. Thursday would be fine for a cake and punch or appetizer reception, but most people will have to work in the morning so they won't be staying late. It's also easier for OOT guests to leave Thursday night and take Friday off of work than it is for them to take both days off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I agree that Friday would be easier for guests.

Anniversary
  • I think a Thursday may be pushing it for your out of town guests, but a Friday is totally acceptable.  I agree that this is your day and don't worry about what other people think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I would also say Friday, especially for those who have church responsiblities on Wednesday (and if you're having a pastor). It would be hard for them to accommodate the rehearsal dinner.
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the pp, I'd do Friday. I went to a Thursday night wedding once and it went so late we ended up having to leave without eating because we had to work in the morning.
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree, on a Friday(I'm having mine 3/08/13) good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards