March 2013 Weddings
Options

Becoming Bridezilla?!

OK, I need some comfort...or a smack in the face, open to either =)

Clearly, we will all have been engaged for a while by the time the wedding rolls around.  My fiance and I got engaged July 3, 2011 (so about 3.5 months now).  We are planning a March 23, 2013 wedding ... so we will ultimately be engaged for a couple months under 2 years.  This said, I want to ensure that we get what we want... I would be embarrassed if we went to book our venue/vendors and someone had already booked them, because we waited until 5 months before the wedding, etc...

SO, recently my mom made the statement to me that (in her own words) she was afraid I was becoming/will continue to be bridezilla ... and in the end I will be disappointed with everything, due to my "high expectations".

So here is what I am looking for from you girls:

A) Encouragement that I am not the only one seeking out exactly what I want
and
B) Coping strategies to not expect SO much perfection for our wedding day.

or

B) An electronic slap in the face
and
C) Reasons why I shouldn't care so much about things like ensuring my fiance  will be mic-ed up by/for the videographer

I knowwww at the end of the day, March 23, 2013, I will be a Mrs., no matter what color flowers my maid of honor is carrying, or whether the tables fit 8 or 10 people around them, or whether my photographer captures that first little grin of my fiances at the alter, (must I go on?) ... but it's just the ONE day I want to go smoothly (let's be real .. I just deleted the word "perfect", but that is truly what I want ha) ... eek.

Help =) 

Re: Becoming Bridezilla?!

• Options
    We are getting married on the same day! I can't wait for it in the worst way. But unfortunately I cannot do anything but agree with you dear. I've been engaged since June 5th 2011 and despite the fact that I ran out to book my dream venue immediately, I'm still a bridezilla, wanting/hoping that every detail and every thing I ever wanted will be present and will go off without a hitch on my big day!

Luckily I have a fiancee that realizes at the end of the day it will return to being all about us and being a married couple, but until then - its all about me ;)
  • Options
    Lord, if you are becoming a Bridezilla then I have surpassed you! Our Wedding is March 2, 2013 and I booked all my venues exactly 18 months out. I did this to ensure that I got the best venue for the buck and without having to settle for what's available. Weddings are expensive so I wanted to make sure I spent my budget on areas that meant more to me than others.

There is nothing wrong with doing research and booking/planning far in advance to allow yourself to have a life and not become a "Bridezilla." The planning is the most exciting part and you have plenty of time to enjoy you!

Congrats to you and best of wishes! Remember that if the centerpiece is slightly to the left and you get all hysterical then this is "bridezilla," not planning your special day to your expectations.
  • Options
    Look, from the time women were little the emphasis was always the wedding and the dress.  I even know of a man who said that he didnt want a daughter because he would go bankrupt paying for the wedding. 
    That being said, I share your sentiment.  I am on a strict budget, and I wanted to have everything booked and set so I KNEW how much money I needed to set aside. I didnt want to wait 6-8 months before my wedding to book things because I was afraid that:
    a) the person I wanted would have already been booked
    b) I didnt want have to run around last min trying to find people
    c) I wanted to know NOW what I would have to pay so I could budget the less important stuff accordingly
    d) I had more time to price shop for vendors that wanted to book early to ensure having work during the off-season.

When our parents got married, you could do everything 2-3 months before hand; but not anymore....Nod, smile and just agree. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards