March 2013 Weddings

Single digits!

March 9th brides are down to 9 days, anyone else getting super excited?  Everything is paid and we are down to doing the last few things, so I'm actually letting myself be excited now... up until now I was determined to stay focused on things to do!

The only thing I'm currently stressed about is getting gifts for our parents. I'm finding it hard to buy something meaningful but not cheesy. Anyone else struggling with this?

Re: Single digits!

• There are brides getting married tomorrow on this board! I'm so excited for everyone!

FI and I were struggling with parent gifts until we realized, A) we are paying for 99% of the wedding so really they aren't necessary, we really feel like they would be more suited for parents who were paying the majority of the bills, and B) parents don't expect anything from you. That said, we decided we are going to pay for photo albums after the wedding. We're just going to write something heartfelt in a card and let them know that on the wedding day. And if you really want to get them something (like I said, it depends on the situation), I would get them something like a gift card to a spa or something they like to do like golfing... something that would be a stress reliever after the wedding is over. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    Congrats to all the early March brides. We just hit the 1 month mark today and I'm excited and freaking out all at once. We had a hard time deciding on parent gifts too. My parent's are paying for about 25 percent of the wedding and they are awesome, so they definetly deserve something. We bought them a Quaich it's a Scottish cup for special ceremonies to display at home and we plan to pay for a special dinner for them when we all go to Disney World in October. My fiance's dad and stepmom are paying for our rehearsal dinner, so we want to get them something too. Since they are really into wine, we decided to get them a 100 dollar gift card to a really nice wine bar near their house. My fiance's mom was much harder since she is not involved at all, so it was hard deciding what to do about a gift for her. We decided we will get her a 50 dollar gift card to Massage Envy to keep her from whining about how everyone else got something. I also bought all three mom's personalized hangers when I bought some for my maids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Days are just flying by!!!!!
    My parents and us are paying 50/50 for the wedding. Plus my mom has helped me each step of planning this wedding.
    We got each of our parents their own double hunge picture frame. One side is going to be a poem or song lyrics and the other side for a picture of us at the wedding. I found a pretty poem for my mom. We are using his groom/mother song lyrics for his mothers. My father I found a poem about 'my favorite walk with daddy.'

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards