March 2013 Weddings
Options

wedit

Has anyone ever heard of or know anything about wedit?  Apparently its almost like a do it yourself videography.  There is not much info on the website, I emailed them and am waiting to hear back but was curious if anyone has any input!  Thanks!

Re: wedit

• Options
    So I haven't used them. But I love the concept and have emailed them for pricing. I didn't really have any desire to hire a videographer for the wedding because I'm fairly certain I won't be going back to look at a video that is 2 hours in length. But what I did like from others weddings is being able to splice in some video moments or to have a 2 or 3 minute video of the wedding to share. 

So my plan is to do this myself... I will say that I'm very tech savvy and I have done some video editing before so this doesn't scare me. So we've decided to buy and give out some video cameras to trusted guests at the wedding. My sister, his brother and our college friend. Basically the same thing that wedit is offering. Then I'll take the video back and use what I want. The video cameras were (at the time i bought them) cheaper than wedit's whole process. http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Mini-Video-Camera-Card/dp/B003WOLOM4/ and the cameras are kinda cute. 

We'll see what happens. :) 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had a bad experience with them. I was led to believe (I even emailed and asked) that the $349 included editing, but it does not. Editing is an extra $349 on top of the $349 for the cameras. I felt I was misled by the company and was really upset. They never apologized either, just gave me my money back. They are also very slow on communication. At one point, I went well over a week without a reply. It was just really frustrating. 
  • Options
    I'm with Janna. We looked into it, but we decided to just register for a couple cameras, and then keep one and reseel the other. A couple other people we know have them, too. So we're letting them film, and then my best guy friend was a comm arts major, and he volunteered to edit all the film.
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards