March 2013 Weddings

Grand entrance?

Is anyone going to have anything for their entrance?  Hubbie and I are not going to have an exit since the photographer will have been gone by the time the party ends and I dont know if I trust my boozed up family with anything at that point.  So we were thinking about having the reverse.  Has anyone thought about this/is doing something similar?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Grand entrance?

• Are you talking about the traditional throwing of rice/birdseed as the couple leaves?  If so, you might be a bit uncomfortable during your reception if you are covered in that stuff.  Maybe you could have your guests blow bubbles or throw confetti as you and your new husband enter?  The bubble stuff dries kind of sticky, but it would give the photographer some amazing shots.

Julie

P.S. I didn't answer the have-we-thought-about-it question, because ours is a renewal. We'll have been walking into places as husband and wife for 15 years by the time our party happens, so it'd seem sort of funny to us to have an entrance this time! LOL  Didn't want you to think I was ignoring your question! Smile  And I hope you GLOW when you walk into that room holding the hand of the man you are newly married to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Aww, thanks Julie2013.  Actually our reception is going to be our 1 yr vow renewal.  We had a simple court cermony this past March and will have the big party in 2013.  I know that anything we physically throw will not work too well since we will be in the reception space for another 6 hrs after that.  I was curious if anyone had any ideas since a lot of posters are shying away from the "grand exit", but I still want to have those photos of family and friends greeting us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So you are a renewal, too!  The moderator told me there was another.  I hope you aren't catching the grief I see so many getting over it.  I think we need our own board where we can talk with like-minded people, although I've been mostly welcomed here.  And it's been fun reading what you and these lovely ladies have planned!

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Do you mean for your entrance into the reception? I'm not sure, I think maybe the DJ might help coordinate it? I always seems like the DJ announces their entrance and then your do your dance? Or do they usually do that after you eat? I'd say do whatever you like :-) I agree though I'm not getting anything thrown when we leave the church! Can imagine it would be stuck in your hair and dress :-/
    I'm sorry that people on some boards aren't supportive, I've seen that too where they say 'your already married' but I think a vow reneweal is a wonderful thing! Affirming the promise you made :-) Hope no one on this board made you feel that way.
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've been reading that the suggested timeline is to do the entrance, the dance and then the welcome speech before dinner. Is this common? What do you guys think? Part of me thinks its great to do it right away but it's definitely not common from weddings I've been to. And therefore seems out of place. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our grand entrance to our reception is going to be to "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida.

We're classy folks.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_grand-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:3a7fed85-3121-4537-8cf4-3ea81b09aa8aPost:547167c8-b493-44ef-876a-fac9fb2975e0">Re: Grand entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading that the suggested timeline is to do the entrance, the dance and then the welcome speech before dinner. Is this common? What do you guys think? Part of me thinks its great to do it right away but it's definitely not common from weddings I've been to. And therefore seems out of place. 
    Posted by Janna2012[/QUOTE]

I have seen this before. However I think the more common thing I've seen is the entrance, maybe a welcome and announcement that dinner will be starting (especially if there's a buffet), speeches as people are finishing dinner, first dance, then dancing and a cake cutting somewhere in there. Or something like that. I've also seen the cake cutting done in the same timeline you mentioned, but right after the first dance. I say do whatever you want, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Janna2012: Most of the weddings I have seen are done this way, but they wanted it all done so that they can get down and boogie.  It really depends on how you want to do it.  A lot of people like to get everything done at the beginning for a few reasons:
    -the photographer wont be there all night
    -less likelyhood of an overly sauced guest doing something seriously inapproproate
    -less pressure on guests to stay the entire night

JordanL1221: I love it....classy :)

Sleeper2013: I am not a fan of a lot of the traditions either, but the little 9 yr old princess that lives inside of me is crying

I just want to do something fun, since we are not having any "grand exit", so maybe I'll buy some wooden dowels and some ribbon and glue them together and have people "wave" was we come in :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards