March 2013 Weddings

Wedding Cake

My wedding is on March 16th and it's coming up so fast! So excited!

My cake baker designed a beautiful 5-tier cake with black fondant and white silhouettes of my fiance and I, a chandalier, and a pink bow on top. I love my design so much, but my dad keeps yelling at me about it and saying that no one is going to like it because it's black and untraditional. I didn't really think it was that serious. I don't think I'm gonna change my cake cuz I love the design sooo much, but I'm so irritated with my dad for his mean remarks. Just a vent...
image 256 Invited so far!
image 190 Are ready to party!
image 48 Will be missing out!
image 18 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Cake

• Good one liner,
    It's your day!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:3c2ba0a7-2d53-4d90-9297-71c98e15b905Post:14b5cf5e-27f4-42a3-a2ac-ade8d3d4dc36">Re:Wedding Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's very sleek and pretty! I would just make sure that your baker uses a coloring that doesn't turn your guests mouths black or purple, because even though you're not supposed to, people will eat the fondant. You'd hate for your wedding to be remembered for that!
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]
    I agree with this! I think it's very pretty, but just make sure that it won't stain people's mouths and teeth!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all your suggestions and support! My fiancé just gave me an amazing idea (he is such a visionary and really puts everything into perspective when I can't). What if our cake was a rose pink with black silhouettes and a white bow? That could possibly be a gorgeous compromise.
    image 256 Invited so far!
    image 190 Are ready to party!
    image 48 Will be missing out!
    image 18 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a black and white cake. Our baker is using icing instead of fondant, her cakes are still very smooth. But she is using chocolate icing on the black layers and dying it black she said it will not stain peoples teeth that way, dying the white frosting will. that may be an option for your black cake? 
  • I like it. My cake is mostly black also!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i like the idea,  keep it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone image 133 Invited
    image 120 Are ready to party!
    image 3 Will be missing out!
    image 10 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards