March 2013 Weddings
Options

Something Blue?

Hey everyone,
Have you all prepared your somethings old, new, borrowed and blue? 

I'm not sure how much I feel I NEED to do this but its a fun exercise to see if I can. The something blue is most bothersome to me since our colors are orange, lime and chocolate. I figured maybe I could do a something blue garter? 

What do you have planned? 
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Something Blue?

• Options
    Something Blue: I'm cutting a piece of material (in a heart shape) from one of my grandfather's blue shirts and the other grandfather's blue tie, because they both passed away in the past few years. Then I'm having the material sewn into the inside of my dress kind of like a label. I think it will be a great way to have them with me on my special day. :) FI and I also went to the University of Florida so I have a blue UF garter set I'm wearing too.

New: FI has already told me he is getting me a diamond braclet for my wedding gift, that way I wouldn't buy anything on my own

Old: I think my mom saved my hat from my baptism which doules as a hankerchief so I'll probably use that.

Borrowed: Not sure yet, but hopefully something from my grandmother

Janna- maybe you can use a blue hanky or put some kind of blue charm around your bouquet that not many people will see and that way it won't clash with your colors? A blue garter works too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Depending on what kind of shoes you are wearing... you could use the blue gems to write "I do" or your initials in blue on the bottom of your shoes.

Old: Still trying to nail this down...
    New: My dress, veil, shoes, garter and just about everything else i am wearing will be new.
    Borrowed: I am borrowing a pearl necklace from my aunt.
    Blue: I am hopefully getting our wedding date stitched into the dress in blue. I also found a cute little charm on Etsy that is a blue with our initials and the date stamped on it, it can tie into my bouquet and be used as a necklace charm later if i wish... so i technically have 2 blues.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not really trying too hard to get all those things, but if I can I will!

Something old: Not sure. My mom had offered the skirt she wore under her dress because I was talking about making it a little poofier. I've lost a lot of weight, but she was still skinnier than me when she got married! And she was 4 months pregnant! lol. So I'll have to come up with something else.

Something new: Shoes, jewelry, pretty much anything is new so that's easy!

Something borrowed: Reaching on this one, but maybe my dress? It was a consignment. Or maybe it could be considered "old"? I dunno. Nothing planned for this!

Something blue: I'm going to have some little blue feathers in my bouquet. I just bought a necklace and some earrings that are similar to the blue of the bridesmaid dresses. Since blue is one of our colors, this could be a lot of things :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    i don't think i'm doing this..
  • Options

I have been planning on doing this, so my mom and I have given this some thought.

Something old- ring from my great grandmother to wear on my right hand
    Something new- dress, shoes, jewelry and veil
    Something borrowed- tiny locket that is my moms that will be attached to my bouquet plus my great grandmothers ring is borrowed as well.
    Something blue- I'm wearing two garters... one wine and one silver blue as these are my sorority colors!

• Options
    handheldhandheld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Old : My Grandmother opal ring I inhertied with she passed
    New: I have a new bracelet I will be wearing (most things are new this day this one is easy lol)
    Borrowed: My mothers pearl necklace 
    Blue: I have a dodgers bracelet Im hoping to convert into an Anklet :-)
    and a six pense in her shoe. I dont have a silver six pense so I will subsitute a dime.  

Also for those who dont know the meaning of this tradition: 
    Ive always thought it was cute :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
  • Options
    Old: I'm still trying to figure out this one. I'd trying to find a piece of my grandmother's jewelry.
    New: Will be my dress, veil, tiara and shoes.
    Borrowed: my friends crinoline.
    Blue: is going to be this blue sapphire necklace that I just bought myself on Amazon. Sapphire is our sons' birthstones.

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I wasn't really trying, but since I'm borrowing something it's happening anyway!

Old- a handkerchief that was my great grandmother's wrapped around my bouquet
    New- jewelry, dress, shoes, all that
    borrowed- a super blingy headband that I'm borrowing from my bestie
    blue- my 17 year old daughter bought me a bouquet charm off etsy that is blue and has our initials and wedding date. After the wedding it goes on a chain so I can wear as a necklace!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards