March 2013 Weddings
Options

Newly engaged, three months to plan!!! Help!!

Hello everyone! I am FINALLY engaged to the man of my dreams. We have been together for the past eight years. In the past year he has enlisted in the Navy and will be leaving for Basic Training on April 8th. If there are any military gurus out there that can give me advice on what to do now, I would be so grateful!

Right now, everything seems to point to us getting married before he leaves. So tentatively I am planning a wedding within three months. This is where all my fellow brides can jump in! I am so lost and do not know where to start. I don't have a final say yet, but I KNOW my budget is minimal. I don't even know how I will afford a dress.

What is your advice or suggestions for a wedding in March 2013 on a very small budget?

Important things to me:
I want ALL of our family members in attendance.
We gre up together and know a lot of the same people and I want them there too
Pictures are super big for me too
I know I can get free flowers done from his Grandmother
I would like an outdoor wedding - but in March? Rain? meh.

Other thoughts on the table: Wait a year and spend our whole engagement apart. Or just elope and do a big sha-bang later on down the road with everyone.

Please help!Laughing

Re: Newly engaged, three months to plan!!! Help!!

• Options
    Congratulations on your engagment!!! On what to do, my advice is to do what feels right to the both of you. All 3 of your options are possible choices. I would not stress too much about a dress. There are plenty of sample sales, previously loved (owned) dresses, and online retailers. Just do a lot of research and I am sure you will find a dress you love for a price you can afford.  A way to invite your entire families is to find a cheap caterer because the more people the more food and drinks you will need. 
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kitad05kitad05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Congratulations on your engagment!!! On what to do, my advice is to do what feels right to the both of you. All 3 of your options are possible choices. I would not stress too much about a dress. There are plenty of sample sales, previously loved (owned) dresses, and online retailers. Just do a lot of research and I am sure you will find a dress you love for a price you can afford.  A way to invite your entire families is to find a cheap caterer because the more people the more food and drinks you will need. 
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats!! I agree with Sleeper, ESP with food. How about only serving cocktail type foods? Serve only beer and wine for a cheaper bar tab. Also tell all of the vendors you meet with about the situation, i think many will be flexible in price if you tell them how your FI is going to basic training. Also consider a Friday or Sunday wedding date. You can plan an outdoor wedding but always have a plan B just in case. On the photog, I was the same way. Do tons of research and talk to the ones you narrow it down to.. They can be so expensive so just do you best to find the best quality for what you can afford and be prepared to pay a little more than you'd like for someone you feel totally confident in. That is what we did- and I'm glad bc you only get the opportunity for beautiful photos on this one big day. Good luck and enjoy being engaged!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards