March 2013 Weddings

Bridal shower

My bridal shower was planned for Jan but my MOH didn't have ANYTHING done so it was moved till Feb 17th. Well I canceled it last night becuase my MOH had one job and one job only to mail out the invites she still hadn't done so. So my mom did last monday and no one had the time to plan for it. I don't know what to do anymore. She doesn't help me with ANYTHING!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal shower

• Does she know what she's supposed to/expected to do? Maybe you should do a sit down with her and discuss what needs to be done
  • Oh no, I'm sorry :-( I know this is probably totally against etiquette but is there anyone else who might be able to throw it together? A sibling, aunt, another friend? That really sucks to have someone say they're going to plan something and they don't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Yes she know's 100% what she is susposed to do and we have had MANY discussions. I am just at teh end of my rope.
  • Xcaly and sleep, I think it is funny how you are jumping down my throat saying it was a bridzilla move to post a discussion on a wedding board. You may feel that way but according to wedding etiq it is the MOH's responsibility and secondly I didn't tell her she had to host anything my mother was going to do it and she told her she had already arranged everything. You want to point out "zilla" behavior maybe you should look back over the discussion. It was simply a vent I am so sorry that I made you read it and get all bothered. I was simply stating what was happening with MY wedding activities; so sorry this inconvenienced you. Also the comment about what she was supposed to do was in response to someone else's question. So it had nothing to do with what I was saying she must do to be MOH. I also like how sleeper commented first then decided to jump on the rude band wagon. Here are some links for you before you jump on someone else when you want to define what and what not a MOH is "supposed" to do. 

http://wedding.theknot.com/bridesmaids-mother-of-the-bride/bridesmaids/articles/maid-of-honor-duties-in-detail.aspx

http://www.bridesmaid101.com/maid_of_honor_duties.html

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/weddings/maid-of-honor-duties.htm

or you could simply google it. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:700d64e7-df4a-4b2d-a1cb-c985364fc1ddPost:84a68bf3-55a8-4e53-a3f6-c7d1003cc905">Re: Bridal shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does she know what she's supposed to/expected to do? Maybe you should do a sit down with her and discuss what needs to be done
    Posted by dmk90716[/QUOTE]

<div><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;line-height:115%;">This is the post I was responding to. With "</span><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;background-color:white;">Yes she knows 100% what she is supposed to do and we have had MANY discussions. I am just at the end of my rope." this doesn't say I EXPECTED her to throw me a shower! It was a general answer to my post of her not doing ANYTHING which included buying her dress! You took the post as I was saying she had to throw me a shower which wasn't the case in the least. I wasn't planning on having a shower in the first place and my MOH approached me about it early on saying "You have to have one! This is what I am going to do" when it can about 3 months before the wedding my mom and SIL approached me about doing one because they didn't know about MOH plans. I told them to talk to her where she said she had already done everything and was just waiting to send out invites. Then she didn't which annoyed my mom and SIL and they decided to do their own and I have been caught in the middle. This was never a post of what I expected her to do it was a vent about what was said was going to be done and wasn't. She never had to throw me a shower in the first place seeing my mom and SIL wanted to. I never asked her too nor did I expect her too; she offered and made a big deal about it. I just didn't feel that I need to justify my vent with a long background. I also told them I didn't want one and that turned into a whole other issue with not allowing my family the traditions. The zilla comment wasn't towards Xcaly; sleeper is the one who referenced the bidezilla. I have done everything for my wedding myself and haven’t requested she do anything other than the BM dresses (which also didn't get done). This wasn't a post dictating what a MOH role was. I honestly didn't think it was going to turn into this. It was not my intention to start drama. </span></p></div>
  • I just didn't want to post a whole long drawn out story and I didn't even think of how it would be interpreted when I responded to DMK. I told her she didn't have to do a shower in the first place b/c she wanted to charged all guests $20pp. The whole thing has been a mess. In regards to the links I posted b/c each person's wedding is up to their own interpretation. But as far as her for filling her MOH duties she hasn't done either. All I wanted was for them to pick out a dress that was priced well. I ended up picking out the dress and she didn't buy it and now they don't carry it anymore. I picked out a new one and she still has yet to buy it. 

Thank you for your apologies and clearing everything up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards