March 2013 Weddings
Options

Gifts

Hey - 
What is everyone doing for their bridal party gifts and where are you purchasing their jewelry (if that is one of their gifts)?  I want something that is budget friendly for their jewelry, im thinking Charming Charlies - they have really budget friendly accessories.  Any other ideas?

I am getting their makeup done the day of the wedding and purchasing their shoes.  Should I get the jewelry too? or how many gifts should they get?

Fi thinks im over doing it. lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone image 133 Invited
image 120 Are ready to party!
image 3 Will be missing out!
image 10 Are MIA!

Re: Gifts

• Options
    I got my maid's necklaces at Kohls, but I had looked at Charming Charlies and Claires and such before that, so that's a good idea. I wanted the same style, but different colors, which was hard to find at Charming Charlies. I have bought everything for my maids, which my mom and fiance say count as the gifts, but I feel like they still need something not wedding related as a gift. They can reuse everything I have bought them after the wedding, but I am thinking about getting them something seperate that I don't expect them to use or wear at the wedding. We'll see how the budget works out before I make a decision. For you, if you aren't already paying for everything, then the shoes and jewelry you get them can coubt as their gifts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I purchased their gowns for the wedding, which are not cheap. So, I got them something small but not wedding related. I got each of them a monogramed purse hanger. I think I got it from The Knot's store and they are not expensive at all. 
  • Options
    I got my BM's earrings on clearence + a coupon at Macys a few months ago, so they ended up being cheaper and better quality (in my opinion) than stuff I found at Charming Charlies. Though that is definitely a good place to go- they had a ton of stuff I liked but I couldn't pass up the cheaper option at Macys.. haha.

The main part of my BM gifts are robes with their first initials embroidered on them. Got them at Kohls for $22 plus the $5 monogram, and they are SO soft and comfy, I think they will really like them. I hope to have getting ready photos in them (I got one in white too) but I figure that is something they will use afterwards. Then I am including just some silly stuff like flip flops to change into at the reception, a "bridal party survival kit" with lip gloss, hair bands, bobby pins, advil, etc., and the earrings. For my MOH, I got her a really cute WVU shirt because she is a big fan and she has done so much with me being an OOT bride.

If you are requiring them to wear the same shoes or get their makeup done, then i wouldn't factor what you're spending on that into the gift budget. It sucks but I've heard that recommendation a lot on TK. I made professional makeup optional for my girls and they can pick their own nude-colored pumps, which is why I'm not paying for it for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting them all fake fur shawl type things to wear since it's cold here. My mom is actually making them for super cheap. It's not their full gift though. I still haven't decided on a "real" gift. I was thinking a personalized wine glass with a bottle of their favorite wine. Possibly overdone/boring but I think they would like this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    thanks for the help.  Guess i will keep looking for gifts lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone image 133 Invited
    image 120 Are ready to party!
    image 3 Will be missing out!
    image 10 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I got my girls tshirts that said MOh, BM, FG early on that they wore for the shower. I also got them each a purple crystal ball necklace for the wedding day. I got them off of Amazon very cheap but they are nice and could be worn again. I'm trying to figure out what else to do..
    Maybe pay for half their 'spa' date with me.

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I bought my girls these really beautiful bracelets from katespade.com. They have some for bridesmaids that say "partners in crime, best friend ever, peas in a pod, etc." as well one that is a simple silver bracelet with a knot which is really cute. If you sign up for the email list you get 15% off of your first purchase which helps alot!
  • Options
    I got all of my girls Personalized Tote bags and filled them full of "spa day" goodies such as, fingernail polish, bath salts, salt strubs, lotion bars, lip gloss, Clay facial masks,  a candle in their favorite scent. I'll also be adding their favorite type of magazine and candy as well as a pair of flip flops. 
  • Options
    I sorta did what fleab2oo3 did. I got monogrammed make up bags and put stuff in them - bridesmaid survival kit. Hairspray, kleenex, brush with a mirror, nail file, first aid kit, hand sanitizer, etc...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I got my girls a headband, body spray in their favorite scent, scented candle, and a hand embroidered fan in different designs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards