March 2013 Weddings

49 Days!! Day of schedule and Timeline

Ok. So the days seem to be flying by. I have my bridal shower this weekend (Yay!) and now it's just the details (why the heck are there so many?!?) I wanted to run the day of schedule by everyone and see what they think. 

8am wake up get ready for Hair and Make up
830-9am Hair and Make aretis arrive start set up. 
9am-10:15 First 2 Bridesmaisds get hair and makeup done
10:15-11:30 Last Bm and MOB get hair and Make up done
11:30-1 brides hair and make up
1pm photog arrive for "getting ready shots"; Touchups for make up and hair
1:30pm Photog and I leave for first look shots; Groom and 2nd photog leave for first look shots
2-3pm First look shots with Bride and Groom
3pm Bridal Party shots
4pm-430 family shots - Guest start arriving
4:30-5 Guest arrival - final touches before line up 
5pm - Grooms parents and Brides grandparents proceed down the aisle. To be followed by bridesmaids and flower girl - Bride to proceed with mother 
5:30 - Ceremony end - Gues to proceed to cocktail area - Final family shots with extended family
6:30pm - Guest invited into dining area
6:40pm Couple entrance - Welcome speech
6:40-7:30 - dinner
7:30pm Speeches start (8 Speeches)
8pm (or when speeches finish)- Cake cutting
8:10pm First Dance
8:15pm Generational Dance (brides parents and grandparents and grooms parents as well as bride and groom.)
8:20pm Open Dance and Tomfoolery
10:30pm Last Call
10:50pm Last Song
11pm End of night!

Obviously timeline is always going to be adjusted. The only think I'm kinda worried about is the dinner time and speech time. We are not having an open mic, so that shouldn't be over long. Id rather be talking while some people are finishing eating then have a huge gap between dinner and speeches. Opinions? 

We sent invites out about 2 weeks ago and getting RSVPs back is like getting a present in the mail daily! 

Re: 49 Days!! Day of schedule and Timeline

• Eeks, I agree with pp, 8 speeches is a lot. It sounds like they would probably take place while everyone is eating their dinner, which is definitely a good idea (we're doing that even though we only have the best man and MOH speech) just to keep things moving.

Also do you really want guests to see you taking photos before the ceremony? I would get the heck out of there before they start arriving, but thats just me.. haha

The only other thing I would say is, will the first look really take an hour? I think you should check with your photog on how long all the photos will take because an hour for that and another hour for bridal party photos is way longer than I've been told it will take.

Hope your shower is great :) I totally agree about getting the RSVPs... I love getting mail in general but even my FI has started getting excited for replies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I could cut all speeches out, honestly. 3 of those are parents (his, mine and grandparents) 2 MOH and BM speeches and then our speech and one Bridesmaid. I've let everyone know that there is a 2 min limit. I caught so much flack for trying to cut things it was a pick you battle situation. 
    Our photog is a friend (a professional with a contract friend) and we are taking some photoshoot style shoots with some furniture and such for part of the first look and bridal party shoots. They are on the same location but a bit away from the arriving guest so that isn't a worry. Part of having so much time is that I work for an event design company and we want to get some fully set decor pics so I could use them for work as well and have them for myself. I might cut some of that time out. 
    My makeup artist did an amazing job with my make up. I'm still trying to decide if I like the front of the hair.  Opinions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards