March 2013 Weddings
Options

New to this!!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to get a hang of all this planning. I have somewhat of a theme I'm going with I like the peacock colors but don't want to drown everything with feathers LOL. I found some real nice decor for the reception and found a peacock template for our std's,plan on sending them out sometime in August. Our wedding date is March 9 2013. Right now I'm just collecting vases and such for the reception,but I'm wondering should I start ordering other decor that I have seen just so I can set up one table to get a vibe of things and make sure  it dosen't clash.I have so many ideas running through my head right now, and I don't want to over do things. My FI is great with letting me just go at it and either agrees or disagrees. What you think should I take the plunge and start buying or hold off.....don't want to move to fast:)
LET THE FESTIVITES BEGIN!!!!!!!!

Re: New to this!!!

• Options
    What I did yesterday was buy two fake flower stems to try out in my vases. We don't have the actual ones we're getting yet, but my mom had some the same size. She also had leftover marble things for the bottom, food coloring, and some floating candles. It definitely didn't look like the real thing but it gave me a general idea of what it was going to look like. So maybe that's something you could do? Just buy a few things and set up like, one centerpiece? That way if you don't like something, you aren't out money because you bought everything already. If you need ideas the DIY board is great, and of course Pinterest!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    My wedding is March 30th next year and I started buying stuff to make the centerpieces and other decor in January of 2011, so I think it's never too early when you know what you want to do. It gives you time to shop the sales and clearances, and gives you wiggle room when things go on back order.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-to-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:8f96e281-3dc0-49cf-bd3d-5c6a075673c1Post:50e85288-e0c0-478f-bf59-12256c16e203">Re:New to this!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is March 30th next year and I started buying stuff to make the centerpieces and other decor in January of 2011, so I think it's never too early when you know what you want to do. It gives you time to shop the sales and clearances, and gives you wiggle room when things go on back order.
    Posted by 091109brIANna033013[/QUOTE]

Exactly what were thinking the sooner the better. I want to be able to relax towards the end and not feel rushed. There is so much more than I imagined for this process, but it's fun and I want to have this feeling for the duration not the stress. Watching WEtv dosen't help either, now I'm thinking of all the things that could go wrong or be forgotten til the last minute. Don't want to be in a situation like those haha. Sooner you plan the better the outcome.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-to-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:8f96e281-3dc0-49cf-bd3d-5c6a075673c1Post:907e68f5-77c4-482a-a359-4df155c5bda3">Re: New to this!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I did yesterday was buy two fake flower stems to try out in my vases. We don't have the actual ones we're getting yet, but my mom had some the same size. She also had leftover marble things for the bottom, food coloring, and some floating candles. It definitely didn't look like the real thing but it gave me a general idea of what it was going to look like. So maybe that's something you could do? Just buy a few things and set up like, one centerpiece? That way if you don't like something, you aren't out money because you bought everything already. If you need ideas the DIY board is great, and of course Pinterest!
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

Were on the same line of thinking:) Just put whats in my head on the table LOL. Of course it's not gone be the finished product, but it gives some sort of image LOL. Tomorrow I will be contacting the venue for the reception to see about table cloths and do they provide or do I need to purchase/rent. I want to go with colored table cloths(2 colors), but white table cloths and colorful placements would be sufficent I think and a budget saver. I will probly go to Hobby Lobby over the weekend to get supplies to do 1 centerpiece. I've collected alot of my vases and mirrors from rumage sales with a range of small and medium, and a beautiful full set of 38 crystal picture frames. I plan on putting a different pose from our engagment photos on each table since they will only see one on our std's.
  • Options
    I agree with the others, go for it! Like another post, I think once the holidays hit the time will fly by!
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards