March 2013 Weddings
Options

Venue Problem

So here's the deal... 
With 5 months to go to the wedding, things were fairly well on track. But things can't just go smoothly, can they. My venue is being put up for sale. They have discovered that they are just not profitable. They said that they don't think it will sell by March. But on the off chance that it does they may not be able to have the wedding there. It would depend on the new owner. I really don't want to start over with my planning but I'm also concerned about gambling on the chance. 

Scared and frustrated and I really don't want to lose all my deposits. And I really liked the venue! :( 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Venue Problem

• Options
    This happened to me a few months ago. We ended up getting out deposit back from the venue, but we were left without a venue we liked for the same price. Our caterer actually pointed us in the direction of our new venue, and we have a beautiful place to get married. See if you can get your deposit back and talk to your other vendors. They'll probably know something comparable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second (or third or fourth) what most people are saying. Is there a Coordinator there? Talk with them. They may know a better idea then if you are just talking with someone at the facility. Start looking for a back up place and asking around. A place could be slower then they expected for next year and could make a deal with you considering your situation. I'm sorry you're going through this!! I know how much it sucks. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Getting the money back from the venue won't be a problem. They are already fine with giving back the deposit. However, my other vendors like my caterer and florist may not be allowed at any of the other venues that I'm interested in. Luckily I'm getting married in March, on Friday, so almost nothing else is booked. It's just a matter of finding something that is as great as the place I have. And all the other places seem to be more expensive (which is probably why they aren't going out of business.) 

The stress of changing everything seems worse than the stress of the gamble at this point. I'm not sure what we will end up doing. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have a HUGE venue problem. We are almost 4 months to go as of Friday and our wedding venue was battered by hurricane Sandy! I am devastated. Everyone keeps telling me it will be ok and they will rebuild by then, but what if its not ready!!!! For pictures look for : the Andrea hotel misquamicut RI. I am distraught. Obviously, I've been up since 4 am having nightmares : I'd honestly rather find out its for sale then almost destroyed... Not to say that your problem isn't a problem as well. However, will it still be available for weddings?? That would have been my first question. Also, they have to give you your money back if they cannot fulfill their half of the contract.
  • Options
    I would definitly see if you could find a venue elsewhere, to me it would be to important a thing to be left up to chance :-/. So sorry you are going through this it sounds super tough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_venue-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:989f9d36-b5ae-41d6-9cda-b8a8bf1831aaPost:f5154b5e-a583-431d-bdf5-5b12e1fcdfb6">Venue Problem</a>:
    [QUOTE]So here's the deal...  With 5 months to go to the wedding, things were fairly well on track. But things can't just go smoothly, can they.  My venue is being put up for sale. They have discovered that they are just not profitable. They said that they don't think it will sell by March. But on the off chance that it does they may not be able to have the wedding there. It would depend on the new owner. I really don't want to start over with my planning but I'm also concerned about gambling on the chance.  Scared and frustrated and I really don't want to lose all my deposits. And I really liked the venue! :( 
    Posted by Janna2012[/QUOTE]<div>It will be better you just talk to the venue managers about the deposits. If they can't host your party, get back the money as soon as possible and find a good and affordable <a href="http://www.capitolevents.ca/" title="wedding banquet hall" rel="nofollow">wedding banquet hall</a> in your locality.</div><div>

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards