March 2013 Weddings

Invitations-DIY or have them made?

I'm having a hard time deciding on if I want to order invites from a printing site, DIY, or do something totally different such as a photo invite from snapfish.com.  What's everyone else doing?  I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on invites....I need about 125....
March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitations-DIY or have them made?

• MissRutigMissRutig member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I was going to make mine, but as my longggggg list of DIY grew I figured this was one headache I could free myself of. I need 175 invitations and I ordered them through a printer here in town. I am getting the invitation (front and back printing) with the RSVP cards and envelopes for everything.. Total cost was a little under 200. It was nice to just go point to a book and say i want these! lol
    When i planned on making my own I wanted to make some serious pocket folds... So i talked myself out of that super quick. And to order pocketfolds was too expensive.

The photo invite idea sounds super cute though. I have never seen that done before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to a place in Minneapolis where they help you decide what you want, give you the supplies, then put them together yourself. You can hire them to do it too for a fee too. Basically we got the "shells" through them and cut them with their die cut. We are buying the paper for the inserts and the actual invitation part somewhere else. We will either do the printing ourselves or take it somewhere. We are going to order envelopes online and handwrite those. So we are basically DIYing them. I'm doing it because it's cheaper and more personal, but I've heard Vistaprint and some other places are good and cheap too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We're using Vistaprint. I was beyond happy with the quality and price of our VP Save the Dates. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found a fabulous local company on Etsy for my invitations. Since we're only ordering 40 invitations and response cards, the total (with shipping) comes to $111 and I don't have to lift a finger (except to click "order" :) ). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did Wedding Paper Divas...just because they ALWAYS have some sort of discount/promotion going.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Because I only have a guest list of about 40 family groups, am on a limited budget, and one of my wedding themes is "handcrafted/diy", I decided to scrapbook the front of a card invitation and then glue a typed wording inside. I'm using scrapbook paper and stamping our initials on the front in our colors so they have our personal touch. I love them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards