March 2013 Weddings

Getting in shape check in 6/25

Hello ladies! Hope everyone's weeks went well!

What went well last week?
What were your downfalls last week?
What are your plans for this week?
Anything you'd like to see added to this weekly check in?

ETA: Oops, fixed the title. It's not the 15th ;-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Getting in shape check in 6/25

• What went well last week? I've been keeping better track of my calories on MFP. I also worked out more than I have in a while! I did Zumba a couple times, then yesterday I did a short run on the treadmill and did some weight lifting. I'm sore but it's a good sore!

What were your downfalls last week? My best friend was in town so we went out to dinner and downtown for drinks. A friend of ours is part owner of a bar/restaurant that just opened so we went to check it out. The food was so amazing that I definitely over ate! Then we went out for drinks and I'm sure nothing I drank was that great for me, haha. I'm hoping the exercise I did will offset it a bit!

What are your plans for this week? I'm hoping to get a few more runs in and do a little more lifting. The gym I go to is at my work, so it SHOULD be easy to get workouts in. The problem is I work at 6am so even though I work part time and get off at noon, I'm so tired and hungry at the end of my shift! But I'm going to make the effort to go in on my days off if I don't go in after work :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio

• What went well last week?
    Work outs on Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Saturday! Yoga twice this past week. We also started recieving our crop share so I've really upped my intake of leafy greens. Kale is better than I expected. 

Saturday was a rib-fest BBQ party downtown. Way too much meat! Also gave into a Dairy Queen craving and since there are very few in the Boston area we drove half an hour to get a small blizzard. 

This week work out plans are the same. I've started tracking calories again to retrain myself. I usually can only keep the habit up for about 2 weeks. But I'm trying both Sparkpeople and LoseIt to see which one I like better. My FI is using loseit and has already seen results! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • What went well last week?
    How about NO APPETITE!!! Woo-hoo!! Ha ... only because I had pneumonia, that totally sucked ... but I did seem to lose 5 lbs.  (I'm sure they are back on once I ate my first meal vs. gatorade)  

PNA ... unable to work out as walking to the bathroom was exhausting.  No work for 4 days which meant my constant stair climbing (I work at a hospital) was MIA.

Man, I always do these too late ... this week it was to build up my endurance for work ... although I wanted to go run, it just wasn't the smartest idea as I need my energy for work ... I'll get there, though.

Anything you'd like to see added to this weekly check in?
    How about some sort of weight tracker ... doesn't have to be actual weight, but just down how many lbs, or sizes, or body fat, or emotions, whatever each is monitoring personally. . . 

Are there any apps we can add to smart phones (those who have them) where we can becom "friends" and help motivate/keep each other accountable for work outs and eating?  I have endomondo which you can add friends on and it's a pretty cool app, but I haven't added any friends so I'm not sure how that actually works ...
  • I didn't know you ladies did this check in, great idea! I will join you for the next one! Also I think an app would be great, I will do some searching to find one that might work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    My Fitness Pal! I use it daily now (ok, I skip it sometimes, so almost daily!). If you're not familiar with it, you can set it up to tell you how much you should be eating to lose or maintain (or gain if that applies). Then you track your food and exercise. It's pretty simple but just remember it's not an exact science! I really like the community there too. They have a lot of really interesting discussions. It's pretty high traffic though, so it's hard to keep up if you want to read everything!

Anyways, if anyone wants to go to MFP, my user name is the same. If we get enough of us we could always start our own group and move the weekly checkins there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards