March 2013 Weddings
Options

E-rings, proposal stories and dresses

Thanks to misscrafty for the idea! Since the board has picked up quite a bit since we did the e-ring siggy challenge, why not have a post to show them off? Let's see the bling and hear how you got it :-)

**New! I added dresses to this thread as well. Feel free to share your beautiful dresses, I can't wait to see them all!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: E-rings, proposal stories and dresses

• Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012

Here is mine right after I got it! The camera bag in the background is where he was hiding it ;-)

And I'm copy/pasting my story from my wedding website because I'm too lazy to type it all out, haha.

It happened on May 26, 2011. Ross really wanted to go on a walk since it was such a nice night. He suggested going to the Quarries nearby, but I didn’t want to walk all the way there to walk more, and I didn’t want to pay to park. So I suggested we go to Munsinger Gardens because I had never been there. I was more worried about getting a wedding gift for my friends than the walk, plus my feet hurt, but we went anyways.

Both of us enjoy photography, so I started snapping away when we got there. I noticed Ross hadn’t taken his camera out yet. He said he was looking around for now. I shrugged and didn’t think about it. We came up to a bench and he told me to sit down on it to get a picture of me with the fountain in the background. So I did. He was taking a while to get his camera out so I started looking around while I waited. I turned back around and there he was, down on one knee with a box!

My first reaction was “are you serious?!” Not because I didn’t think he’d propose. I knew he had a ring picked out and it was on layaway. I just didn’t think he had it already! But obviously I said yes!

ETA: Here is my dress! It was a consignment so I got it half off the original price. My old neighbor (who has known me since I was about 5) helped me pick it out - we didn't even know she worked at the store we went to so it was a big surprise!

It's too big, haha.

Up close shot of my boobs... er, the detail of the dress :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Yay!!! Ok, SO had to work the weekend, and it was our towns 125th anniversary weekend so lots going on! He had been acting weird, but figured he was tired from all the festivities. When he got home Sunday we were planning on going into the city to grocery shop, I was trying to quick send a picture order to Target before we left so I wasn't paying too much attention except he always gives me a kiss when he gets home and he hadn't. He changed and came sat down at the table next to me and asked if I knew how much he loved me, I said yes and  then he got off his chair and on his knee and pulled the ring from his pocket. 

The wedding band has diamonds on the other side and I love how it takes both together to really look 'complete' <3 
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ooh, I like how you have a band to match! Mine's going to be difficult because it doesn't "come with" a band and it's curved so a straight band leaves a weird gap. I'm thinking of doing two thin bands, one on each side to "even out" the gap. Wish my FI would have been a little smarter and found something with a band, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Janna2012Janna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    (also copied from our wedding website.) 

New years has always been very special to Sean and I. Being long-distance for so long we were rarely together for Christmas but we always made sure to be together on New Year eve... Except for once when I was stuck in the Chicago Airport by myself. For New Year's Eve 2012 we had planned on attending First Night festivities in Boston. We live fairly close to downtown but still didn't want to have to worry about getting home so we decided to get a hotel room for the night. We stayed at the Westin Copley right near all the action. 

At 11:59 we were standing on the step of the Public Library with a very large group of people waiting for the countdown. At Midnight we kissed and then Sean got down on one knee and ask me to be his bride. I had no idea and was totally blown away. The rest was pretty much a blur... He had a beautiful ring for me and after I answered he shouted at the top of his lung "She said yes" he also texted and tweeted it almost immediately. There was also these younger girls near us that were screaming their heads off when they saw what was going on.

I'm not planning on getting an additional wedding band. There are diamonds up and down the side of my ring and any band would look odd with it. I may pick up a band for the days when I'm not wearing my full ring... but thats not a priority at the moment. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    DaveandRoxyDaveandRoxy member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

My FI and I met at a Starbucks in town over 4 years ago. This February he asked me to go to a store with him to help him pick out something. This store also happens to be near the very Starbucks we met at. I didn't really think much of it since he loves Starbucks and he told me he'd like to grab a coffee before hitting the store. He walked me to the very spot on the sidewalk where we met, got on one knee and popped the question. I couldn't be happier :)

"Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    When we got engaged, FI and I were living in Arlington, VA just outside of DC. I knew FI was up to something the week of Thanksgiving because he disappeared after work for over 2 hours. When I asked him where he was, he said he went to the grocery store and couldn't find parking. I knew that couldn't be true though because the grocery store is a half mile down the street from us and has plenty of underground parking. Two days later he told me he was taking me to my favorite restaurant in DC, the Old Ebbit Grille.

Dinner was amazing of course and FI asked if I wanted to walk around the monuments afterwards. It was super cold that night though and I wore a skirt, so I was freezing and we opted to just go home. He was planning to propose by the Washington Monument, but since I didn't want to walk around, he had to come up with a different plan on our way home.

When we got back to our apartment, FI took our dog outside for a walk and I started tidying the apartment. When they came back inside, I was in my closet putting clothes away and our dog  came running in with the light on her collar that we use to see her at night. I bent down to take the light off and the ring was attached to the light. When I looked up FI was on his knee and asked me to marry him! :) It was too cute and aboslutely perfect for us! We still have a good laugh about me being in the closet at the time! haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We actually purchased the ring together(his credit is shot). I knew it was coming but we bought the ring 2 weeks before Christmas and he waited until New Years Eve to do it.
    We got engaged at our friends' Kristina & Shawn's NYE Party.
    At midnight, with 2 crying boys on my lap, Will got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Gorgeous rings ladies! Love all the stories, can't wait to hear more! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited September 2012

We designed my ring together last August using diamonds his Aunt gave him. The week that we picked it up from the jewelers, we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Landmark Restaurant. I anticipated that he would propose while we were there, but I was completely surprised by when and how (and I am very hard to surprise). After we ate our meal, the waitress came over with the dessert tray for us to choose our desserts. Instead of the usual selection, there was a cake shaped like my ring in a box with Mickey Mouse and flowers on it and it was from our favorite bakery, Sugarlips. I was shocked and when I turned to look at him, he was on his knee with the ring box in front of him (I actually did not realize he was on his knee since he had been sitting in the chair when I turned away and he was the same height when he went onto his knee). 

We will be having our ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner at the Landmark next March 30th. It is also where my parent's had their wedding reception 25 years ago.

Here is my dress. It is from David's Bridal. I bought it in July 2011, so it has been patiently waiting in my closet. We will be getting alterations started in December, so it only has to wait in hiding for a few more months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

He proposed in Grand Cayman which was one of our cruise stops in July. :) Right on the beach. :)

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Options
    kayjohnsonkayjohnson member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012

I had a good idea it was going to be Sunday, as it was the first day since Donovan had bought the ring that he was off of work. I woke up that morning and called him before church, and he sounded remarkably awake. I was grinning because that was exactly what I expected. He proceeded to tell me a story about feeling ansty and going to his grandfather’s house to check on it since he was out of town still (He spends October in a condo at St. George Island). I tried to “buy” it and proceeded to get ready for church, picking out his favorite dress and actually getting cute, just in case. I called him back, trying to catch him in the act, and he told me that he had been sent to Walmart for milk and bread on the way home. I heard the checkout noises in the background and believed him for at least a few minutes. However, the thought then occurred to me that he could have been buying some kind of proposal surprises (and I was RIGHT). The whole time at church, I was very antsy and even took my singer medicine that makes me calm just to help. My best friend kept telling me to chill out, and I felt like she knew something. Of course, at that point, it could just as easily have been paranoia. All I knew is that Donovan wanted this as much as I did, and was doing it soon, so why would he stay home on a day off when he could be down here with me? After church, my best friend proceeded to tell me that she had a date at 1:15 at the botanical gardens, and that she needed me to show her where they are because she’s never been before. I knew then that it was a load of crap. But I tried to play along, even though I did call her out on it. We went to lunch with all the hired singers, and I was antsy and nervous and anxious the whole time. I got teased a lot, but didn’t really care. 1:07 rolled around and we left so I could “show her” where the gardens are. I called Donovan on the way because I knew he had to be waiting nervously, and that way at least he knew I was on my way. We drove over, and sure enough, pulling into the parking lot, I saw his car. My best friend smiled at me, and told me she’d see me later. I walked over to Donovan's car and saw two notes waiting for me. One was a set of directions and the other was a love note. I read both and tried to follow the directions to get to him, but there were pink balloons lining another path (for a birthday party I found out later) and so I got a little lost. Donovan called out to me, and then retreated again so I could find him. When I finally got to the little sunlit, beautiful side garden he had picked, I saw him standing there in khakis and a button down, smiling and waiting. When he took both my hands in his, I thought I would cry, but I didn’t. Apparently I was shaking a whole lot, but I was just very shocked somehow, even though I knew it was coming. He said some very sweet things that I already find hard to remember (they weren’t kidding about that) and then he took my ring out and got down on one knee and asked me. I nodded a good bit before I realized I needed to use my words, and then said yes. Once my ring was on my hand, we kissed and proceeded to hold each other a good bit. He pulled out a tripod, and we took my camera and got a couple wonderful pictures. We started making calls, and then had to go to my rehearsal, where we got more congratulations.

And as for dress: 

September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love that! I almost went with that sihlouette... so classic and GORGEOUS on you!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister and I went to visit my parents in TX for a long weekend. FI flew out the day after we got there and surprised me :) My whole family was in on it and my mom and sister took me to get pedicures while my dad picked up FI from the airport. Still shocked no one thought to say I should get a manicure, since we took lots of pictures of my hands two hours later :) 

Ring

Dress

And our picture for save the dates. That's our daughter just toddling off while we make out in a tunnel. NBD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridalmarch - Haha, that picture with your daughter is cute! The description makes it better though, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Well, It actually fits us perfectly....I knew it was coming as I was there when he bought the ring. We had been looking for a while and he'd been looking on his own. He actually had this big planned worked out that he would propose to me during one of his bosses shows, but they perform all over the place and I wasn't going to be able to make any of the shows for 6 months or so. So he proposed over dinner across the table holding my hands as Faithfully by Journey and Marry me by Train played (a total coincidence, but totally fitting). I will be walking down the aisle to a instumental version of Faithfully and my bridal party will be walking to Marry Me. 

My ring and band....my poor fingers were so swollen that day but you get the idea...

• Options

Douglas decided to take me and our new puppy Elsa up to the resort where I work when he proposed. We were walking Elsa on the beach near the lake when he gave me a card. He said that it was from the lady inside. I opened it and it was a wedding invitation to our wedding! I turned around to ask him why it had his phone number as the RSVP and he was down on one knee with Elsa in one arm and my engagment ring in the other. He had tears in his eyes when he told me how much I mean to him and how he couldn't imagine life with out me. I kept my hands over my mouth in shock until he said those magic words "Jessica Danielle McGaha, the love of my life will you marry me?" I said yes of course! and then told him to put the ring on me. :))

I love my engagment ring! it is super georgeous but what I love the most about it is that he picked it out all by himself! He knows exactly what I like.

I don not have a picture of my dress yet because I am having it make. I drew the design and choose the material and a family friend is making it for me. We are in the early stages so a picture isnt avaliable. The dress is going to be a little above the knee in lenth with a detatchable skirt that touches the floor that I will wear for the ceremony. it will be made mostly of satin with a lace overlay on the top and a tulle over skirt. The dress its self has a retro style to it but it also has classic elements to it such as the lace. I am so excited about it!!

• Options
    FI asked me to marry him March 17, 2012. Ever since i was 16 years old (im 27 now) i have been wanting to skydive. Fi set up the day for us to go skydiving. He wanted to ask on the plane, but unfortunately we did not get to go at the same time. The plane was very small only fitting the pilot, the instructor, and myself I went first and it was AMAZING!!!!! After Fi landed we got a picture with our instructor and when we got back to the car and went to our hotel. 

I showered and got ready for dinner. while i was waiting on him to finish up i was laying on my stomach on the bed reading a magazine. Fi told me to close my eyes for a second and when i opened them he was kneeling in front of me and had opened the ring box and sat it on the page i was reading, and he asked me to marry him! :D Best day ever.   i do not have a picture wearing my dress but here it is on the website. http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-Draped-Pick-up-with-Beaded-Lace-Empire-L9479

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards