March 2013 Weddings

Getting to know your fellow March 2013 brides!

Hello everyone! I thought it would be fun to get to know each other a little better! If you can think of anything else you want to know about people let me know so I can add it to the list :-)

Name:

Fiance's name:

Fiance's age:

How did you two meet?

What hobbies do you have?

Favorite sports teams?

Any pets?

What do you do for a living?

What does your fiance do?

Favorite type of music?

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Getting to know your fellow March 2013 brides!

• Name: Jenni

Fiance's name: Ross

Fiance's age: 26, 27 in 5 days :-)

How did you two meet? I was in a sorority and he was in a fraternity. I had some really good friends in his fraternity and starting hanging out there a lot when he first joined. We hung out a LOT. Like, we were pretty much inseperable, but I just saw him as a friend for so long. Finally one day it hit me - why do I keep going after all these terrible guys when an amazing one is right in front of me?! I'm so glad I finally woke up! Haha.

What hobbies do you have? Video games, photography and just hanging out with friends!

Favorite sports teams? MN Twins, MN Vikings (I like the abuse apparently), MN Wild, SCSU Huskies (hockey - Final Five this weekend!! Woot!!). My favorite non MN teams are the Baltimore Orioles and Ravens. I have family out there so I feel obligated to support them :-)

Any pets? 2 kitties, both about a year old. Asher is grey and white, Midnight is black (FI has wonderful creativity with names, haha).

What do you do for a living? I work two part time jobs. I work at a bank where I open mail and verify checks. I LOVE this job. The perks are totally awesome :-)  I also work at a retail clothing store. It was my favorite store even before I started working there so the discount is nice!

What does your fiance do? Right now he's an assistant manager at a hardware store. He works an hour away (even though there's one like 2 blocks away... long story) and works crazy hours so he's actually hoping to get a job at the bank I work at!

Favorite type of music? Pretty much anything. My two most listened to Pandora stations are today's hits and Disturbed radio, haha. I also LOVE the Beatles. I get my love of music from my dad, though he doesn't like country or harder rock and I do.

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? I'd bring all my friends and family out to Ireland and have the ceremony on the bluffs! Wouldn't that be gorgeous? I've always wanted to go to Ireland and getting married there would be amazing. The reception would have amazing food and a fully stocked open bar of course. Lots of dancing and fun. If I won the lottery, I'd totally do something like this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Janna2012Janna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

Hi Jenni, Nice to meet you! I think you have such great ideas and I love your energy! It seems like we have a lot in common!

Name: Janna

Fiance's name: Sean

Fiance's age: 28

How did you two meet? We met online and dated long distance for a very long time. We will be celebrating 9 years together this Month, next year our wedding will be just before our 10th anniversary 

What hobbies do you have? Video games, computers, cooking, yoga, board games

Favorite sports teams? We are somewhat divided right now. Sean is from MN and very loyal to all his MN teams (except the wild, he never cared much for hockey) I'm from Ontario Canada so I didn't watch a lot of sport growing up, except hockey. But now we live in Boston where there are tons of passionate sports fans so its kinda exciting to get into it. Teams would be, The Bruins, The Twins, the Vikings I guess. Though it is pretty fun to cheer for the Pats from time to time. 

Any pets? 2 Cats. Sean gave them to me about 5 years ago. 

What do you do for a living? I work for TripAdvisor as a user experience researcher. Generally, I make the website easier to use. 

What does your fiance do? Sean is the office manager of a pest control company. 

Favorite type of music? I could listen to most anything. Tend to prefer the top 40 stations recently but favorite musicians are jack Johnson, incubus and rhcp. Sean has pretty much the opposite taste in music. Likes 80 rock and anything that hasn't been on the radio in years. 

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? I would have a feast of awesome food. If I had unlimited budget I would definitely blow it all on the food and making sure everyone enjoyed themselves with a completely open and stacked bar. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Name:Kendra

Fiance's name:Joshua

Fiance's age:27

How did you two meet?We worked together at a retail store during college and kept looking at each other. I approached him and we hit it off from there.

What hobbies do you have?I love to dance and shop! He loves computers and video games.

Favorite sports teams?Mine is the Lakers and his is the Cowboys

Any pets?Nope

What do you do for a living?I'm an LVN

What does your fiance do? He workes  as a salesman within computer technology.  

Favorite type of music?Any kind but mostly R&B

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? Bring everyone to Las Vegas and have a awesome wedding at an top notch hotel during the sunsetting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Janna - We do seem to have a lot in common! Yay for MN sports! Haha. You mentioned something I forgot - I LOVE yoga! I used to belong to LA Fitness and that was the main thing I did there. There is a gym at my new job and they do yoga sometimes so I'm excited to start doing it again!

What kinds of video games do you play? I've played a few but I always go back to WoW. It won't let me go! Haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • lumilumilumilumi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Name:  Beverly

Fiance's name: Luis

Fiance's age:  34

How did you two meet?  I went out with a friend to her boyfriend's going away party.  Luis is a friend of the boyfriend. We met that night and here we are 2.5 years later!  

What hobbies do you have?   I'm always shopping...and it's such a bad hobby...now I am becoming a hoarder!  I also like to read on the kindle on my phone and I go on forums a lot.  Luis has been liking the shooting range a lot lately and he plays video and computer games.  We both love to travel and look for places to eat/drink!  Unfortunately that's not a priority right now.  Wedding comes first lol

Favorite sports teams?   Luis is from California and he is definitely a Lakers fan.  I am not really a sports girl so I am a Lakers fan too when I fell in love with him. 

Any pets?  We have two gray cats.  We got the boy from his mom and adopted the little girl so they can have each other when we're not home.

What do you do for a living?  I am a nurse.

What does your fiance do?  He is a network analyst.

Favorite type of music?  We always just listen to the radio in the car.  When we are not driving we like to go on youtube or whatever and watch silly things on the internet more than listen to music.

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do?  I will travel the world with my family and friends and have a small wedding ceremony at each destination based on the culture.  It will be so fun to get all kinds of blessing everywhere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jenni I love yoga, when I moved to boston for this job I fell out of my regular yoga routine. But slowly I've been getting back into as part of my wedding prep work out. I've been lucky enough to go on saturdays for the past few weeks. Everytime I go I feel better, calmer and healthy. Definitely a favorite.

As far as video games, we never got into WoW. I'm mostly a puzzel gamer. Finished up the new Zelda about a month ago, Loved Portal, and I play a lot of Dr. Mario. Sean is into COD and Starcraft as his main additions but we play a lot of Smash Bros together too. We are fairly competitive but in all honesty he is way better at video games than I am. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Name: Lauren

Fiance's name: Nick

Fiance's age: 30

How did you two meet? Playing slow pitch softball

What hobbies do you have? We like playing sports, watching sports, cooking out, exploring new parks with our dog, and having wine (beer for him) nights with our friends. He enjoys playing COD and I like shopping! :)

Favorite sports teams? OSU Buckeyes (!) as well as the Cleveland Indians.

Any pets? Our labrador Izzy

What do you do for a living? I work at the home office of a clothing retailer.

What does your fiance do? He works as a corrections officer at a prison.

Favorite type of music? Country and hip hop

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? I would have a beautiful wediding at a 5 star hotel and have elaborate food and drinks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-your-fellow-march-2013-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:d1a281a2-d1b3-424b-9daf-559c2de801b8Post:5ec73237-0d2d-4d32-bb00-a8c24342baa4">Re: Getting to know your fellow March 2013 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@jenni I love yoga, when I moved to boston for this job I fell out of my regular yoga routine. But slowly I've been getting back into as part of my wedding prep work out. I've been lucky enough to go on saturdays for the past few weeks. Everytime I go I feel better, calmer and healthy. Definitely a favorite. As far as video games, we never got into WoW. I'm mostly a puzzel gamer. Finished up the new Zelda about a month ago, Loved Portal, and I play a lot of Dr. Mario. Sean is into COD and Starcraft as his main additions but we play a lot of Smash Bros together too. We are fairly competitive but in all honesty he is way better at video games than I am. 
    Posted by Janna2012[/QUOTE]

I have a lot of friends that play Starcraft. I've thought about doing a free trial to check it out. I've never played Portal myself but my old roommate (who I swear has every Xbox game ever, haha) used to play it all the time! I also love the fun games like Smash Bros and stuff. FI has been into Minecraft (his friend had a server) and he just got done with a free trail of SW:TOR. The graphics in that game are AMAZING! Oh and Skyrim of course. I played it a little but I'm totally not used to gaming on the Xbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-your-fellow-march-2013-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:d1a281a2-d1b3-424b-9daf-559c2de801b8Post:8b81584d-1735-4c1e-a997-90cbca30360b">Re: Getting to know your fellow March 2013 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Name: Lauren Age: 26 Fiance's name: Nick Fiance's age: 30 How did you two meet? Playing slow pitch softball What hobbies do you have? We like playing sports, watching sports, cooking out, exploring new parks with our dog, and having wine (beer for him) nights with our friends. He enjoys playing COD and I like shopping! :) Favorite sports teams? OSU Buckeyes (!) as well as the Cleveland Indians. Any pets? Our labrador Izzy What do you do for a living?<strong> I work at the home office of a clothing retailer</strong>. What does your fiance do? He works as a corrections officer at a prison. Favorite type of music? Country and hip hop If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? I would have a beautiful wediding at a 5 star hotel and have elaborate food and drinks.
    Posted by LaurandNick[/QUOTE]

You know.. I think the store I work at has its HQ in Ohio. Maybe we work for the same place? That would be funny. I work at Express, you don't have to say if that's it if you don't want to :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Name: Abby

Fiance's name: Brian

Fiance's age: 22

How did you two meet? I used to work at Victorias Secret and one night me and a girl were closing. I was telling her I wish I could find a good guy and what do you know her husabnd has a TWIN!! I'll be honest we didnt hit it off right away.. But now I am madly in love with him :D

What hobbies do you have? I also sell Scentsy which I love to do in my spare time :D We go 4 wheeling alot and have bonfires, we live on a farm! My brother races modified cars so we are always there.

Favorite sports teams? ill have to skip this one lol.. I used to love the colts because peyton was my favorite :(

Any pets? We have a mini daschund. She will be 1 next month. Her name is Ellie. She is our little baby!! Very spolied princess!

What do you do for a living? I am a Cosmetologist

What does your fiance do? He Farms! John Deere of course ; )

Favorite type of music? I like alot of everything mostly hip hop, r&B and country!

And.. I am going to have to skip the dream wedding because, I honestly think we are having our dream wedding! Everyone we want will be there! It is going to be in the church I grew up in, his is the same religion as mine but church is very small. I am totally happy with how our wedding will be and couldnt ask for more! :DD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brookerichbrookerich member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Name: Brooke

Fiance's name: Brandon

Fiance's age: 42

How did you two meet? we met online actually!

What hobbies do you have? I'm crafty, I like doing anything like that really, painting, making things.  Brandon is into remote controlled planes.

Favorite sports teams? Georgia Bulldogs of course!

Any pets? One dog, named Pinto Bean

What do you do for a living? I'm an accountant

What does your fiance do? Brandon is a truck driver with FedEx

Favorite type of music? Tons of things really.  I have favorite songs from all genres, except that screamo stuff. 

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do?Destination wedding where we take everyone with us to Ireland and paid for everything for them.  I'd want a ceremony at the Cliffs of Moher (yes, I'd like an outdoor wedding in Ireland) and then a reception at a fun pub somewhere that has plenty of room to dance, fantastic food and tons of alcohol!  I was born in Ireland so taking my "new" family back there would be awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Laura

Fiance's name: Ben

Fiance's age: 24

How did you two meet? We had a couple classes together at a community college in 2006 so this is where we actually met the first time but we didnt really talk or get to know each other. We re-met in March 2011, when he started working where I worked at the time and I trained him. That is where we really hit it off.

What hobbies do you have? I honestly just work and relax at home after work- nothing too exciting. I do love just spending time with Ben and being lazy when we have a day off together..which is rare. We occasionally venture out on short road trips.

Favorite sports teams? Me- Auburn, Ben- Alabama. If you live in the south you know how big of a rivalry these two are...but we manage :)

Any pets? We have a 6 month old shih-tzu named Sadie. We got her just after we moved in together when she was 7 weeks old.

What do you do for a living? I work for the State of AL

What does your fiance do? He works in Retail/Sales while finishing his degree

Favorite type of music? Country

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? I dont know..I never wanted anything too crazy or fancy so I may be having my dream wedding. Its going to be perfect anyway because I'm marrying Ben :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Name: Brianna

Fiance's name:
    Ian (if you notice, IAN is in the middle of brIANna)

Fiance's age:

How did you two meet?
    We had a few classes together in our first two years of college, but we didn't officially meet until first semester of our junior year. We met at an Engineering Scholars Club event. I was the clubs activities coordinator and we were having a video game night. I am not really into the types of video games they were playing, but I had to be there to help out. I was planning to leave the event soon, and then Ian came over and started talking to me. I ended up staying at the event for another 3.5 hours and we have been inseparable since that night.

What hobbies do you have? We just bought a house, so our hobby is mostly working on the house. I also started grad school this semester, so that is my other hobby. And planning for our wedding, of course.

Favorite sports teams?
    Not super into sports, so our favorite teams are all the Arizona teams.

Any pets
    ? We do not have pets of our own, but we take care of my parent's two toy poodles when they are out of town.

What do you do for a living?
    I am a systems engineer.

What does your fiance do?
    He is a civil engineer.

Favorite type of music?
    Jonas Brothers and Hanson. I love pop, country, show tunes, Disney, classical, and others. Ian likes heavy metal, but has also become addicted to my music. It is hard not to love Phantom of the Opera or Pirates of the Caribbean.

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do?
    Disney World! Wedding and reception in the Magic Kingdom and a honeymoon at the Disney parks around the world plus a Disney cruise to Hawaii.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name:Ly

Fiance's name:Cameron

Fiance's age: 20

How did you two meet? We met when at college.

What hobbies do you have? He's in afghanistan right now so one of my favorite hobbies is making packages for him.

Favorite sports teams? Florida teams! Rays, Lightning, USF Bulls :)

Any pets? No pets, but I'd love a dog.

What do you do for a living? Right now I'm a student and part time server. I'm applying to physical therapy grad schools this summer.

What does your fiance do? He's a 2nd Lt in the Army.

Favorite type of music? I love all types of music. Country,Top 40, Jason Mraz, Rap.

I would have it on a private island with butlers to wait on my guests.I would make it a nice vacation for all my friends and family.
  • I'm sorry, I didn't see this!

Name: Denise

Fiance's name: Brady

Fiance's age: 32

How did you two meet? online

What hobbies do you have? Sewing, or crafting in general, biking, swimming, fishing

Favorite sports teams? I root for the home team ;-)

Any pets? We have 1,800 hogs lol, not yet, we are thinking about getting a puppy this summer

What do you do for a living? I provide clinical support in the NICU

What does your fiance do? crop and hog farmer

Favorite type of music? country

If you could have your absolute dream wedding, NO restrictions, what would you do? I'd probably build a bigger barn with bathrooms so we could have the wedding at the farm!

siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards