March 2013 Weddings

Odd Man Out pt 2

Things are progressing well. This week I finally got out our Engagement Announcements (the FMIL wanted them sent out, even though I was not originally on board). We have a firm confirmation on the ceremony and rehearsal venue, a soft confirmation on the florist (just waiting on an updated quote for some changes to the arrangements), good on the Baker, photographer and chaplin.

I am starting to worry that I am missing something. I am still working on a caterer (not being from the area limits my knowledge). The thing that is really on my mind though is:

served buffet vs. full sit-down service

I was originally hardlined into the full sit-down service group, but I am starting to think a served buffet is fine. The option we are looking at is $4 a person versus $16 a person (just for the service type): This service include an 11" plate, s/steel silverware, white cloth napkin, and crystal glass for beverage. Main entrèe is served buffet style however; bread, butter, condiments and beverage are preset on each guest's table. Table maintenance, beverage refills, and plate removal is included.

We are only having 30-40 guests, and it is mostly a small intimiate family affair. Aside from the guests in Military uniform, most will be dressed Sunday best (not semi-formal/formal).

Re: Odd Man Out pt 2

• I think for a small group of people a buffet is great! It gets tricky when you have like, 300 guests unless you have multiple lines. Then it gets crowded, people are slow or feel rushed, and food is more likely to run out. Buffets are nice for a smaller crowd because everyone can take what they don't want without feeling like they're wasting the stuff they don't like on their plate. Also, they can take as much as they want so everyone feels satisfied. I'd go with a buffet but it's up to you :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I vote buffet, too! For the same reasons Jennipea and Sleeper said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards