Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Timing?

How long do people usually allow for pre-ceremony photography?  We're not sure if we'll be traveling to different locations, just looking for some feedback on how others have handled this.

Thanks!

Re: Timing?

• Options
    I had to ask my photographer who suggested 30 minutes per group, i.e. family, bridal party, extended family, outside.  But that all depends on the size of your bridal party and family and then add in time for travel.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We are doing first look pictures and taking care of all bridal party and family photos beforehand at one location, so no travel time at all, and our photographer and videographer blocked out 3 hours for everything. The breakdown was basically 30 to 45 minutes of "getting ready" shots, 15ish minutes for first looks, then the remaining 2 hours for family and bridal party photos.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I would say the average amount of time for pictures is around 2 to 3 hours, depending mostly on travel (if any). Your photographer should have a reasonable estimate though. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    We planned for 30 minutes for first look and 1 hour for family photos so 1.5 hours total.  Getting ready/details was another hour or so.

We did our B&G photos after the ceremony and that was another hour.  Your photographer can also help you with your timeline.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards