Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

When selecting a photographer...

Hi everyone!       My fiance and I are going to meet with a potential wedding photographer on Sunday. I found a pretty lengthy list of questions to ask her (these were posted in this photography message board), but I was wondering if anyone else had any tips or hints about how to select a good photographer. Her prices seem reasonable, and she will provide us with a copyright release for a CD with a certain number of photos (depending on the packet we choose). We really liked this option, as we will probably be creating our own albums for our parents and family members, and would like to be able to reproduce the photos as needed.       I feel like such an amateur when it comes to this, and really want to find someone who will capture all of the great memories of our wedding. Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: When selecting a photographer...

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi- If you scroll down a little bit, I had a similar question and the girls gave me a lot of great advice (I think it's titled Wedding Packages). Also, I got a lot of responses on my local Connecticut Board from a recent 8/23 post. You should definitely check that out (titled Photography packages- what's important..) I don't know if you have the Knot's book of wedding lists but there are a lot of helpful pages that walk you through interviewing each vendor. Hope this helps- I'm pretty new at this too so I really don't have my own words of wisdom yet. Good luck! Vanessa
  • edited December 2011
    When selecting a photographer, it is really important to be able to look at an entire wedding that they've shot.  When they put together their portfolios or show you specific shots, it's a Best Hits of their work.  You want to know what you can expect to get from them for an entire wedding.  Also you want to know how many images you can expect to receive and the turn around time after the wedding for your to receive your images.  I'm sure that most of the other questions I would ask are on the list of questions - what happens if they're sick, do they bring back up equipment, etc.  GL with your hunt!
  • skannenbergskannenberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also make sure that your personalitys mesh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards