Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Timeframe for Photography?

If the ceremony is at 7pm and the reception at 9pm, what time should we schedule the photographer for? Keeping in mind that I do want some photos  of me and my BM's getting ready and such. Thanks ladies!

Re: Timeframe for Photography?

• woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Depending on hair.makeup and such, probably 4:30 or so.If you're doing formal pics beforehand, then even earlier, esp. if you have a large group/s.
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer is arriving at 1:00 and our ceremony is at 3:30.
  • hollyjlynnhollyjlynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say be done with everything by 6pm. It is good to have an hour of "buffer" time in case people run late or something goes wrong. It also ensures you will have time for photos if you do run late. If your on time, you get an hour to get all nervous and excited for the ceremony and its a nice time to relax and hang out with your mom and friends. I would start bridesmaids photos at 5pm. Get the dress on at 4:15, final touches and such would go to 5 when you leave for photos. Ask your hairstylist how long your hair will take and then add the time of how long it will take you to drive to where your dress is (if your in a different location) and if all your girls are getting their hair done there as well make sure you have enough stylist for them all and that you go last. It's best if you go last since that will make the hair and makeup the most fresh for the rest of the day. More time is always better. I thought I planned enough time at my wedding and all my bridesmaids were late and came without their hair done. It was kind of a disaster and my photos suffered because of it. We were also literally running back to the church to be at the ceremony on time. It was nuts. Wedding days go by too fast anyways so might as well make as much time as possible so nothing is rushed. Rushing your photographer is a real bad idea. It is so hard to work under the pressure that a wedding day is let alone if everyone runs late and you have 15 minutes to make something happen that should take at least 45 minutes. -holly gauper
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards