Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Sunset and Photograher

Hello.  Our Ceremony is going to be AT the reception hall.  Its at 6pm.  We are supposed to take our pictures during the cocktail hour (6:30 - 7:30).  I just realized the sun sets at 6:27 that night.  Is it going to be too dark to take our pictures?  Im sure the photographers know what they are doing and have figured out a plan for this, but Im still kinda worried.  Are we only going to be able to have pics inside the hall (*the stairway is beautiful, so its not the end of the world, but theres another wedding going on downstairs.  Isnt that going to affect the pictures?)

Any thoughts?Undecided

Re: Sunset and Photograher

• edited December 2011
    If you are having the ceremony at 6 and the sun goes down around 630 then you will be limited on what you can do. Sunset pictures are beautiful. Any good photographer can work with the light but you won't have as many options. You might want to think about seeing each other before the ceremony if you are wanting a lot of outdoor pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp - I I had a ceremony at 6:00 and DH and I saw one another before hand for most of our pictures.  It was really important to us that we got good daytime light.  We snuck out later for a few shots at night time, but I wanted to get lots of day shots as well.

Plus a reveal can be really fun and a great way to relieve some of your pre-wedding jitters!
  • edited December 2011
    We based our day-of timeline on the sunset.  The best time to take photos is one hour before sunset.  We wanted at least 30 minutes for photos.  The sun set a little after 6pm, so we wanted to start photos at 4:30.  As the sun set, the pics got so pretty!  My teasers can be seen here:
    http://www.melissarobotti.com/blog/?p=1261

We had our ceremony at 3:30.  It lasted until 4pm.  We drove 20 minutes to the reception site.  I wanted to glance at the reception room all set up.  Then photos started right on time. 

If you do keep your timeline the way it is, your photographer will have to use their flash.  There just won't be enough light otherwise.  If you like flash photography, then you're ok. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards