Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Hom much to spend on photog?

I've just begun looking for a photographer for my August wedding. How much should I expect to spend on the photography services?

Re: Hom much to spend on photog?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on the local board for your area (the link is on the left).  Photography runs the gamut from hundreds for someone just starting to thousands for someone established with a good reputation in the wedding industry.  Your local board if it is active will be the best source of information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm wondering the same thing! i'm looking to not spend more than $1,000 but you definitely can!
  • Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It tends to vary by region. In Atlanta expect to pay anywhere from $1500 up to $10,000 for a true professional photographer. It may be possible to find an amateur or newbie for the $1000 range that provides decent images, but you will be sacrificing experience, which is vital for all wedding related vendors (since there are no do-overs).
    Message me with the specifics of what you are wanting and your apr. budget and I will see if i can make some recommendations. (anyone can email me if they need the same assistance)

ciao.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can spend as much or as little as you want.  There are photogs out there at $10k+.  You can get someone off of CraigsList for practically nothing.  BUT, in general, you get what you pay for.  Personally, I would tell you to find that sweet spot; where you're getting good, consistent, professional, and reliable quality, but aren't over paying for the big names in your area.  In the NYC/NJ area, we typically spend about $3k or so.  I would think Atlanta is a little less expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! please check out www.RichFrederickPhotography.comOne of The Boston Knot.com top Wedding Photographers! He does not charge by the hour. He is yours for the day, with all of your images on CD both in color and black and white with full rights to you for $1,900. I'm not sure where your wedding is located, but he might charge a small travel fee.
    If you are interested in a custom hardcover wedding book designed he offers 2 options, both are beautiful! The 1st is $2,600 which also includes all of your images on CD. The 2nd option is a GraphiStudio book, hand crafted in Italy for $3,600 with all of your images on CD as well! 
    You should email him Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards