Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How do you react to music on photography websites?

First of all... congratulations to all of you ladies on your upcoming weddings smileSecond of all... I was wondering if you'd do me a favor?On a photography forum that I frequent, an argument comes up, it seems, every friggin' week.A photographer will post a thread that says "Hey!  Check out my website and give me some feedback!" and the thread is then overrun with other photographers saying "I didn't even look.  I hate websites with music.  Get rid of it.  It will drive your clients away."Then come in the other photographers that say, "The music isn't that bad.  You can mute it if you don't like it.  That's no reason to click out of the site before even seeing the photos!  It's not going to drive away clients".*I* personally, am getting tired of hearing the debate over and over again, so I thought to myself, why not ask a group of people *currently* shopping around for photographers how they feel about it?  And of course the first group of people I thought of that would inevitably be shopping around for photographers all at once, are women planning a wedding :)So if you are willing to, take a minute to click on the poll link and choose one of the 4 answers that describes you best when visiting a photographer's website. smileTHIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR THE FUN OF CRACKING THIS MYSTERY ONCE AND FOR ALL!
POLL LINK:  http://polldaddy.com/poll/4765835/

Also... when taking the poll, be careful not to roll your mouse over the advertisement in the upper right hand corner or it will take over your screen and present you with a very loud, very annoying movie advertisement!  XD  I found that out the hard way... although to be fair, it might not actually be that loud, but my speakers were set pretty high....... big_smileAnyway, thanks!  I can't wait to see what the results are!

Ps. Again, if this isn't allowed for some reason, let me know, and I apologize for posting.  I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything... I'm just posting out of curiosity.  ^_^Note:  I also just noticed that The Knot has an option to add a poll to the thread you're posting, however, I'm not going to do that because this poll is posted at another wedding forum too, and I'd rather just keep all the results together...well... because I'm lazy like that.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards