Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Storymix Video App???

I got an email offer yesterday to use Storymix so my friends can film the wedding video. Has anyone used them? I was totally against video, but we have so much fun stuff planned all weekend, this seems like a good way to remember it all. I know I've filmed clips at my friends' wedding on my iPhone already. This way at least I'll get a movie from all the clips my friends will be taking. Thoughts?

Re: Storymix Video App???

• I didn't use them, but I just booked www.flipahit.com for my wedding.  I used their service at my sister's wedding and it was a lot of fun.  We just got their video (a little less than a month after their wedding) and it came out really nice.  Flip A Hit doesn't have the APP that storymix does, but I think the video quality compared between the two is better on Flip A Hit.
  • Yes, I noticed that you and a few others have been posting all over the place about flipahit today. I'm sure the Flipahit folks appreciate the endorsement, PSA, or whatever you'd like to call it. :)
  • My friend booked Storymix and got the package with both the APP and the cameras.  The video from the app wasn't anywhere as good as the video cameras they sent, but I guess you can kinda expect that.  She seemed happy though which is what's important.
  • Yeah, I would expect that. But then again, more of my friends can add video with the app. And I can get stuff aside from the wedding. LOL, I think I'm kind of talking myself into it. Not like it's going to break the budget. Even if it sucked I'd be out less than $100. That almost doesn't count. :)
  • This is TOO funny!  FI and I are getting married at Dreams in the Dominican Republic and while at the travel agency we saw an add for both Storymix and Flip A Hit -- We get a video of our wedding from the resort, but for $99 you can't go wrong with storymix!  HOWEVER, I don't think we'd be able to do it since you'd be roaming down there and with the price of data charges abroad ... who knows, lol
  • Ummm... seriously it is TOO funny. Especially the part where all your posts are about flipahit. Congratulations, you totally convinced me not to go with your company. You did bring up a good point about the roaming and wifi though. So I'll check into it.
  • Gem, I sent you a PM; but I don't know how frequently you check it.  I've posted 5 comments on different chatboards since I joined. 1 of them was about both companies the rest were about my destination wedding, chiavari chairs, and a local winery down the road from my house; so I don't know what you're talking about.  I do, however, find it odd that you accuse me of owning a company, meanwhile of your 14 posts 9+ are about "Storymix" which reminds about a story about a Pot & A Kettle.  Be that as it may, I'll erase this post as soon as you erase your post accusing me of someone/something I am not.  With that said, I wish you a great deal of luck & best wishes with your wedding planning and your wedding day; and I'm sorry that we got off on the wrong foot.

For all those reading this, I'm sorry I had to vent.
  • Gemmac86Gemmac86 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Jackie, sorry didn't know I had a PM. Also sorry I got snarky. I was just fed up with the first couple of responses being almost identical and seemed to me like they were both written by the vendor. I am curious about this service which is why I tacked on to another thread - but then thought I should start my own. 

Cool about the Jamaica wedding. Now you have me curious, how are you doing Chiviari chairs in Jamaica? Do you have a planner there or are you having another reception in Portland? I know, I'm hijacking my own thread. :) 

Edit: I meant Dominican Republic, not Jamaica. It would help if I could read. :)
  • Dreams provides us with an event coordinator to a help us w/ logistics while we're still in the states.  They have chiavari chairs as an add on option amongst other things.  The post in my local board was about renting chairs in/near my hometown. (I needed to rent them for an engagment party at my parents house)
  • I found flip a hit's website; what's the website for storymix?  
  • Not sure if this is the type of info you're looking for because I haven't yet used Storymix for my wedding... I just booked them last week. I heard about them so long ago and then kind of forgot about it until using it at another couple of weddings.

So, I've already had a blast using the app. I took it with us dress shopping this weekend. There may or may not have been some alcohol involved. :)  But I think it's cool that this stuff with my friends can be in the video. I also shot a video message to my FI using the front cam on the phone. I used the actual cameras at the weddings I was at and it was fun.
  • Thanks Chloe, that's kind of what I was looking for, altho it would be cool to talk to someone who actually got their finished video as well. :)

Jackie got me thinking about some questions, so I went on their website and chatted with them last night. I was also worried about roaming because we'll be in Windsor (Canada) for part of the weekend, and I'd hate to think what charges I'd get on my phone. The app just uses the camera on the phone, and only uploads when it's on wifi, so no data minutes are used. I also double/triple checked about the editing. It's included.

Lauren, their website is http://weddings.storymixmedia.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards