Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

engagement photo outfits

I am taking engagement photos in the spring. Yes, I know a couple months away. I started thinking about what I'd wear. It will probably be at a mansion outdoors (with garden and pretty scenic views). What should I wear? A dress? What shoes? I have no clue.

I was thinking a cute dress and flats maybe. But will a dress limit me and the shots they might want to take of us. (i.e. sitting in the grass).

Re: engagement photo outfits

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did two outfits.  One was a dress and one was jeans, heels, and a cute top.  PIB.  We did all kinds of shots with me wearing a dress--your photographer will know what to do.
  • lauraalannalauraalanna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had two sets of engagement photos taken because I was really unhappy with the first because it was the middle of July and outside so my fiance and I looked gross-and we were matching.

I would highly recommend NOT matching. The second photographer I used was great and she told me specifically not to match because it would look really bad.

I had 3 looks in my second set of engagement photos. All of them were jeans and then 3 different looks tops and I used a lot of hair accessories and jewerly since the focus is going to mainly be from the waist up (some will be full body,I'm sure).

I think the idea of a cute dress would be nice but also contrast it with something casual. I did a lot of reserach of facebook to see what my friends did and that's where I got a lot of inspirtation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mespence47mespence47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're supposed to just look like you, but better in your engagement pictures! Haha. Dressy tops and jeans are the best. 
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would pick a pair of hot jeans and a nice shirt or two, with different jewelry and maybe shoes. I love jeans though. so that would be my pick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am having the same question!!! I don't know if I should go with Jeans or a Dress? and What coor if we are taking them at Dusk at an Old Fort. (Fort Niagara). So I think Nude shoes are a must as well as dark jeans, but what color top? and what should my fiance wear... So Many choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards