Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

How to pick a photographer?

I am at a loss about how to choose a photographer.  There are so many out there, even after I limit the options to those within my budget.  So many good ones!  Where do I even begin?  If I talked to all the photographers I like, I'd have to meet with probably like 25!  Help!!  Anyone have any tips?

Re: How to pick a photographer?

• Options
    lana2007lana2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should look at entire wedding albums they have done so you get a sense of your final product instead of just their very best work they have on their website.

When you meet with them, make sure they communicate very well and are direct, you will want that the day of your wedding.

Otherwise just choose the photographer you like the most from their work.

Good luck!

Lana

www.lanarenee.com
    With love from Chile... I blog. Check it out here: www.lanarenee.com
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was hard for me too.  Narrow it down to around 10 and email them for a quote--in my case, many were not available on my date so that eliminated  some right there.  I would meet with no more than 5.  Read reviews on your local board and on Wedding Wire.  Pare it down to your top 5, meet with them, and see who you click with the most. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at photographers that are in your area or nearby. Narrow that by pricing and the style of pictures that you like. Meet with the ones that fall within your budget whose pictures you like :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask to see a whole wedding. Not just the ones they want to show you. Ask about their equipment. Ask them if they know about fstops an shutters speeds. Things such as depth of field. You have to be careful now a days because there are more people grabbing digital cameras calling themselves photographers and clearly are not.
  • Options
    inkulio73inkulio73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do NOT simply ask for a quote and base it off that.  There is so much more to an excellent photographer than a dollar figure.  Find the ones whose work speaks to you.  Visit the expensive ones, too.  How do you know what you're missing out on if you don't visit them to see what they offer you for the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards