Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement pics - when are you suppose to get them made?

We are getting married Oct 2011. When should we get our engagement pics made & send them out?

Thanks!

Re: Engagement pics - when are you suppose to get them made?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If that is commonplace in your area I would suggest 6-8 months in advance, much as you would send a "save the date". In my area an engagement photo is used in the newspaper when an engagement announcement is placed. Our local papers usually have a page dedicated to engagement and wedding announcements, along with milestone wedding anniversaries 25+ years and up. We did however order prints for both sets of parents/grandparents right after we received our proofs.
    HTH
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, 6 months to a year ahead of your wedding is appropriate.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in Oct. 2011 and we already had our's done. We're both in college and I'll graduate next year, so we went ahead and did them early so that's one less thing to worry about.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married September 2011 and will likely get them made this coming October.  I don't want to wait until it's nice out again (April to May 2011) because that's already 5 months before our wedding and the photographer will need to have time to make edits, etc. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Between six months and a year is typically the case, but if you have a wedding photographer already picked out, I'd say do them sooner rather than later.  That way, if they don't give you exactly what you'd like, you still have time to go in another direction for your wedding photos.  And if they come out spectacular, you can feel at ease about who will be there on the big day!
  • Options
    sylvielicioussylvielicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours done this weekend and we are also getting married October 2011.  I wanted to use them for our STDs and wanted fall pictures to go with our fall wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards