Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

HONEST thoughts on video

hi ladies, so my fiance and i just made another check..we reserved a dj. now while we were there we look briefly into their video services as well. they offered us their most elite package which includes 8 hours of coverage (i.e. the 1st look and photo shoots, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception). this would then be edited into a 2 hour or so dvd with chapter selections, a movie trailer, recap, etc for $1295. i keep thinking it would be nice to have a video to actually recap on our ceremony and vows as well as see a lot of the other footage that my fiance and I may miss throughout the day. however, what are your ladies honest opinions. is a video reallworth it, have you ever watched it more then once? Everyone keeps saying "oh the one thing i regret is not having a video," but is that really the case? I really need HONEST thoughts ladies. Thanks! 

Re: HONEST thoughts on video

• I answered you on the other board. For future reference use XP in the title if you post the same thing on multiple boards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Personally, I think a 2-hour wedding video is WAY overkill.  My personal favorites are the 3-4 minute highlight trailers that are usually released before a longer edit.  For full edits, 20-25 minutes has always seemed like more than enough.
    Photographer /// Filmmaker /// Married May 2, 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards