Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Slide show photos of us?

FI and I have talked about putting together a slide show of photos of us growing up.  He wants it at the reception, I kinda want it at the Ceremony for people to watch as they are coming in to be seated.

Either way (at reception or ceremony) is this a good idea?  I only ask this because the last funeral I went to they did this, so NOW i associate it with funerals :-(

Re: Slide show photos of us?

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is one of those personal preference issues. Personally, I hate wedding slideshows. I think they're cheesy and awkward, and would never have used one.

That said, it's your wedding, so if you want to use one, that's your prerogative. I think the least obnoxious way to include a slideshow would be to have it playing as your guests arrive at the reception, and then have it turned off before you and your new H enter.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing one at the reception- I wanted pics of me and my dad for the father daghter dance. I don't think it's cheesy at all- it provides guests with entertainment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know some people don't like slideshows maybe because they have been to a lot of weddings that did it. i've only been to one wedding that did this and i thought it was nice. they did it during the reception though i think between a course. i would just keep it quick. it's your wedding so whether you have one or not do whatever feels right for you guys.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are planning on doing this, I would do it for the reception, not the ceremony.  My cousin had one at her rehearsal dinner.  We had one playing in the background of our engagement party and I thought it added a lot to the ambiance. 

Will this be a background slideshow or one with music and everyone sits down and watches?  I think the former is better.
  • edited December 2011
    actually I don't know which is better---depends on how you do it!
  • edited December 2011
    We did a slide show playing with music for the coctail and while people ate... however it was of us and family members (or just family members that were attending the wedding!) They loved seeing themselfs rather than seeing us only!

Then when we did the father daughter dance we did pictures of just me and my dad while we danced...

Same with shane and his mom...

Then we did some with me and shane!

Everyone loved it but it was A LOT OF WORK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards