Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Bella Pictures Do or Don't???? realy need advice

I am getting ready to book my photographer and videographer and Bella is giving me a great deal. I have heard mixed reviews and I am not sure if I should bok them. Please let me know if you have used them or anyone you know has and if they are worth it.

Thanks,
Nikki

Re: Bella Pictures Do or Don't???? realy need advice

• roseygbroseygb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only heard bad things about Bella. These big companies have a way of burying bad reviews but if you just look on Wedding Wire and sort lowest reviews to highest, there are pages and pages of horror stories. I feel like it's impossible to have quality control in a nationwide company like that - you're basically hiring Sears Portrait Studio to shoot your wedding. From what I understand companies like Bella and The Pros contract out "photographers" from wherever, pay them much less than they charge you, and pocket the difference. Do you really want to hire a photographer who can't book clients on their own or aren't invested in shooting weddings full time? I'm sure there are some good photographers but I wouldn't chance it with something that important. I see you're from DC - try looking for photographers and videographers outside DC and you'll probably find much lower rates - look in VA and surrounding states.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most brides are not fans of national companies like Bella and The Pros.  You will be spending alot of time with your photographer and I personally feel it is better that you get to know someone and who understands your vision rather than have a complete stranger show up on your wedding day.  Your local board if it is active should be a great source for a local recommendation. Wedding Wire is another great source also.
  • peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think like any national chain, it can depend on your specific area and who you get.  For instance, all I've heard are horror stories about david's bridal and I have had nothing but good experiences with them!  Also I think it depends how much pictures matter to you and the level of risk your willing to take and how much you want to spend.  For me personally, for a photographer I wouldn't want to take the risk.  But I used a similar national chain for our DJ.  I haven't had my wedding yet to review them, but music is less important to me than pictures.  A friend of mine used that Pros group and they were fantastic.  They do offer a great deal though.  I would try to find some reviews from people in your region that have used them and go from there.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi
    I had a really bad experience with Bella. First they got my wedding date wrong and every time they assigned me a new photographer the person either cancels or misses the meeting. Since I had absolutely no faith in the comapny I had to hire someone else unrelated to Bella.

To make a long story short I still had to honor Bella's contract and pay extra for a new photographer. The Bella photographer came in heels - definitely not ready to get down to do her work. I am  sure she is NOT a professional photographer because her work was pretty awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards