Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How many photos?

How many pictures does the average photographer give you on a DVD for the wedding and reception?  Is 200 enough?

Re: How many photos?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a post a lttle ways down on this.  IMO--no, it is not.  I received 875 photos and loved every one of them.  I received over 200 of just formal portraits and 300 of the reception alone.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Our photographer is giving us unlimited number of photos ( which means they will shoot non stop the entire time they are there). And we will receive every shot taken on DVDs. I think 200 is waaaaaaaay under the norm.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    If you only get 200 photos your photographer isn't doing his/her job. 

I just attended a wedding where there was the photographer & 1 assistant.  They took over 2000 photos.  After going through them & getting rid of the "bad" ones the bride ended up with over 1800 pics.  I have to say that I am also using this photographer.  We had her do our engagement photo session.  We were with her for 1 1/2hrs including travel time to more than 1 location & she took over 400 pics.  Brought the dog in for Christmas pictures....over 200 taken in just over 30min.

This is the age of digital....they should be giving you well over 1000 final/edited.

Best of luck!
  • SivanGSivanG member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree! I personally do wedding photography and I give my couples 1,500-2,000 photos for an average 8 hour wedding. You should demand to get the rest of your photos...200 is way too low! Sorry you are dealing with that :(
  • edited December 2011
    Ours said he would give us about 1500-2000 as well on CDs, but we get 150 prints.  Maybe your 200 was supposed to be prints?
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is average to shoot about 300 per hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards