Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

HELP!!! need to choose a photographer

Any suggestions, tips, advice on choosing my photographer?? I am looking at a private photographer Janet Johnston (did my friend's wedding), or Essence (larger company with lots of photographers available, no one has used them that I know personally) Price wise the larger company is obviously cheaper than a private photographer.  i need help!!! any reviews on Eric Lipe from Essence?

Re: HELP!!! need to choose a photographer

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting on your local board.  But just my $.02--you will spend alot of time with your photographer on your wedding day.  My photographer was like a dear friend even though I had only met her twice before the wedding--I can't imagine having a total stranger that just happens to work for a large photography company show up on the most important day of your life not knowing anything about you.  Maybe it works for some, but It's just not the same to me.
  • edited December 2011

My husband and I used for our wedding Unforgettable Pictures.  We loved our wedding pictures and they included a beautiful flush mount album in the package. 

• edited December 2011
    these guys are chicago based and take breathtaking pictures (they did mine)... our pics were amazing to say the least.. www.vekphoto.com They're more of a boutique type of company...our guests enjoyed them 
  • ashleylargo33ashleylargo33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Brittanee Taylor Photography. She travels free. Its awesome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards