Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

For those doing a "first look"... please open

For those doing a "first look", how much time are you allotting for pictures? Our ceremony begins at 1:30 P.M. on a Sunday, so I'm worried that I won't be able to get my hair and makeup done and get ready in time.

Does anybody want to share their "day-of" schedule for me to look at?

Re: For those doing a "first look"... please open

• edited December 2011
    we are starting out first look and pics at bout 1pm the ceremony starts at 4 30 pm, should be plenty of time since we are doing everything at one location
    My Shoes :)Photobucket
  • sadiemaea1sadiemaea1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

my makeup and hair should be half done by about 3pm so the photographer can start taking pictures of me. then we will probably be starting our first look about 4pm and our ceremony starts at 630pm. I would probably give yourself a couple of hours. or make sure you know each location you want and maybe plan several pictures with your photographer before hand if you need to cut time!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was at 7 but we were starting family pictures at 5 so we scheduled our first look for 4:30.  We didn't do many pictures though--we still did our portraits after the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    We only did first look (no family portraits) before the ceremony, and we spent 45 minutes doing them.  It really varies a lot; we had a few different spots all at our venue, but other people go to various locations so it takes longer.  If you also do family and/or bridal party portraits, you'll have to add in that time, too.

I would ask your photographer, because he/she should have experience with this.  Just mention what pictures you're considering, how many people are involved, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    What's a first look?

Sorry, I'm new Embarassed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_those-doing-first-look-please-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:859d5f88-ca92-4f34-b8aa-4c8115606148Post:404b625c-6cc7-4dee-8360-030116028021">Re: For those doing a "first look"... please open</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's a first look? Sorry, I'm new
    Posted by LittleLena[/QUOTE]

This is where the bride and groom see each other before the ceremony (as opposed to the groom seeing the bride for the first time when she walks down the aisle).  Where I live, it's also called a reveal.  It is a private moment where the only other person present is the photographer (to capture the expressions, etc.).  Then usually the B&G do their portraits together, followed by bridal party pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to do it, but won't be able to for the the same reason as you. Our ceremony starts much to early on Saturday (Catholic Mass) and it's me my mother , mother in law and 5 bridesmaids all getting hair and makeup done my professional hair/makeup artists at a nearby hotel. We already have to start hair and make-up by 9:30am and won't be done until about 2:00 ceremony is at 3:00pm but we have to be at the church by 2:30-2:45pm. There is absolutely no room for first look or shots with bridal party before hand...its too close of a crunch time. So we are just doing it afterwards =(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards