Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Timeline of photos on day of

Hi Ladies,
I met with my photographer last night and she said she wants to have my FI and I for 1 1/2 hours to take our wedding photos of us on the day of (not including family photos), and is encouraging us to do them before the ceremony so we have enough time.  How long is everyone else taking for this?  Is anyone doing wedding photos before the actual wedding?  I'm not sure how I feel about that - I'm supersititious....
And I just went to a wedding where photos went long so the cocktail hour went much longer than an hour and everyone got a little disgruntled.  Any suggestions are appreciated!!  THX!

Re: Timeline of photos on day of

• edited December 2011
    1 1/2 hours might be a smidge long for just the two of you but I guess its better to have too much time. As for being superstitious; most photographers can set up a private, romantic first meeting between the two of you. And you get it all caught on film. We did this at my sisters wedding and some of the best pictures came from their meeting. The groom stood in a little grove (the wedding was all outdoors) and had his back facing the bride, it was so cute.

You can still do the whole not seeing him the night before and morning of part! (Personally, since FI and I will have lived together for over 3.5 years by the time we get married, if I had to sleep by myself the night before I wouldn't sleep at all!)

I think having the pictures run overtime during cocktail hour or the dreaded 'gap' is one of the worst things that can happen because it does really upset the guests. I'd say, go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't feel like you have to see each other before the ceremony if you don't want to...It is your wedding after all. An hour and a half with just a bride and groom is a really long to me, but some photographers like to budget extra time just to be safe.

As misscarolb noted, it's imparative that post-ceremony photos are fast. Otherwise your guests will end up angry, drunk, hungry (or all three) waiting for you at the reception. Timing is everything on the wedding day. Get a good (and realistic) wedding day timeline and everyone will have fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards