Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Official Vendor Reviews

Have a review of a national or local vendor? Help your fellow brides by posting your official vendor review on The Knot's Wedding Channel.

http://local.weddingchannel.com/wedding-vendors

If you have reviews posted in your bio, simply copy and paste them. If you haven't written any reviews yet, I hope you consider taking a few minutes of your time to share your experiences. Inquiring knottie minds want to know!
"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
Updated Bio
E-mail Me!

Re: Official Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    What a wonderful time we had at our reception. Digital Creative Group were wonderful DJ's. The photo booth that they have was loved by all the guests. They are very professional and great to work with.  I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the Metro Detroit area that needs a DJ or a photo booth too. 
  • lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christopher and Larry was our wedding videographers and photographers for our wedding.  When we saw the wedding video (actually he does a movie) we were amazed.  He managed to tell the complete story from the time that my bridesmaids and I were getting dressed, to the grooms getting dressed, to my makeup application, to the ceremony to the reception, cake cutting, first dances, and getting into the rolls royce to leave, EVERYTHING from beginning to end - he really told the story.  

He even had about 15-20 testimonials in the movie from friends, family and other guests wishing us well, and from me and my (now) husband talking to our guests to talking about what the guests would see next (imagine behind the scenes talk of our first dance in the bridal suite on camera!).   

Our photos are beautiful.  We have over 2000 to choose from when we want to make prints!

He is a real professional.  It started raining when my husband and I were on the alter and Chris never missed a beat!  His ability to perform under pressure was obvious when he kept right on filming when the storm hit out of no where, not one drop of rain hit the lens and you couldn't even tell that it was raining on the movie!  

He set different portions of the movie to very appropriate songs and it was so heartfelt.  I probably cried about 3-4 times while watching the movie.  I am SO glad that we went with him.  He also added in special effects like speeding up the movie, putting it in slow motion during different parts, breaking it into different segments.  I cannot say enough about his work.

He even arrived an hour prior to the time that we asked him to arrive to give it his all - and he'd already been over to the ceremony location when we first saw him.

I would highly recommend Christopher Brock for your wedding w/out hesitation.  He was pleasant and easy to work with and I do not think you will find a better cinemaphotographer in the wedding industry.

Lori the happy bride
    404-775-9200 

btw his website is - www.chrisbrock.org
  • edited December 2011

I was referred to Priceless Images Photography by my best friend who used him at her wedding. I was the maid of honor and the pictures of the ceremony, reception, and everything in between were absolutely amazing!! I knew even before I was engaged that he would be my wedding photographer. He was very professional and adapted his style to fit everything that my best friend had wanted. He had a great energy and his focus was set on making the couple as happy as possible. I have met with him a few times to discuss my vision and I am certain that my wedding pictures will be perfect. I definitely recommend him to anyone who is unsure of their wedding photographer. Check out his website at www.piphotography.com and see for yourself!! Good luck to everyone and I hope your wedding is as perfect as possible!!

• kerilyn76kerilyn76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were fortunate enough to find Melissa Lawler Photography a few months before our wedding after looking and looking and not finding the "right" company!  They knew exactly what we wanted, asked the right questions, and were absolutely amazing throughout the whole process.  I would highly recommend using Melissa and her team for your upcomming wedding or any special event!  http://www.melissalawler.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Hitched Pictures.   http://www.hitchedpictures.com
    They do photos and video.

• edited December 2011
    I suggest http://savannahbluephotography.com/ in Savannah Ga.

A lot of my friends have used them and they are affordable.

Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    We had a rough wedding but one of the things I was supremely happy with was my photographer. I put a lot of time and effort into choosing a great one. I researched in the area and looked up reviews. I wanted a photojournalistic style and someone who wouldnt leave at the time cutoff and would capture every emotion I could never see. When I got my pictures back I cried and cried because they were beyond my highest expectations. I saw so many things I could never have seem on my crazy wedding day, from my nephews admiring a duck in a pond to my close friend wiping her eye while we were at the altar saying our vows.
    Angelica Studios in NY gave me more that I could have ever paid. My photos are priceless. He also made me an album similar to ones on his site www.artisticalbums.com in a coffeetable magazine style format. It is amazing!
  • edited December 2011

I just wanted to forewarn anyone thinking of using Casey Connell Photography out of Troy, NY.  I paid 3500 for the two photographers to come shoot my wedding (no pictures or albums included), plus travel, meals, and a tip.  They left the reception early, entirely unknown to me, and did a HORRIBLE job capturing my day.  I got my pictures back after about 11 weeks of waiting, to see only 650 pictures from the ENTIRE day and reception.  There were no shots of the reception room, cocktail hour or any of the details (which my parents spent a fortune on!) as I was expecting.  There weren't even shots of the guests at their tables, or really at all for that matter! It seems as though they spent their night taking occasional pictures of one corner of the dance floor. I've got no photos AT ALL of at least three quarters of my guests, and feel terrible, sooo many of them were elderly relatives that I never get to see.  So now I have people expecting to see pictures that we didn't even get.

They're professional prices for amateur photos.  I wouldn't recommend them to ANYONE.

• edited December 2011
    I thought I had asked all of the questions and was very excited after we booked Patken for our wedding. Well my excitement is no longer there. We had Nick for our photographer and are very disappointed! Throughout the whole day and wedding he seemed very rushed and it didn't seem like he was taking a lot of pictures. The shots he took were generic and not photojournalistic (which is why we went with Patken).  We also had a lot of problems with receieving the proofs and the actual photos that were taken. After sharing our disappointment with Patken, it seemed as if they could care less. Nothing was done for us and all we can do now is just hope that we are happy with our album. I don't recommend Patken at all! They were horrible!!!
  • edited December 2011
    SUSAN MASON PHOTOGRAPHY 401-284-3056 WAS UNBELIEVABLE! she came personallly to meet me for every need before and AFTER my wedding. Every photo came personalized. If you are considering REAL photography, look no further. She specializes in you and your spouse's big day. You enjoy your wedding, no big posing, just make the day happen and she makes the photos happen. You will be so glad. And very inexpensive. Here's a rough idea: I got an 11x14, two parent albums, our wedding album, proofs and the disc with all the shots and meetings and THANK YOU NOTES for way under $3000. She even added personal gifts/touches. Like anything in life, if you want quality you have to be willing to do the work to find it. Another thing to consider: it's not digital. Now don't freak!!!! I liked it BETTER! It's better quality! Digital, yes you can edit, but you can edit with this too. It's older fashioned but like some older things--you just can't beat the quality. I'm telling you, it was SOOOOOOOOO much better than digital. Speed etc all comparable. You need a talented artist/photographer and here she is ladies and gents! Hurry up and email her: smasonphoto@aol.com
  • edited December 2011

Our experience with Abella Studios was wonderful from the start.  After meeting with several highly regarded photographers, we chose Abella Studios for their professionalism, quality of work we viewed in their studio, and package value.  From the day we booked them right through to the aftermath of the wedding – they have been incredibly helpful and responsive.  We had an on-location engagement photo shoot, which provided us with many beautiful photos.  More importantly, during the stressful and hectic wedding planning period, we had no issues with Abella Studios – everything was simple and they were there to answer our every question in a timely and efficient manner.  The day of the wedding, the photographers managed to take tons of photographs without being intrusive at all.  They were also incredibly patient and understanding throughout the day.  The best part was just a few weeks after the wedding when all of our family and friends were able to see the photos online.  I was not expecting to be able to see all of our wedding photos so quickly! I would highly recommend Abella Studios to anyone I know who is planning a special event.  

• edited December 2011

Niko is a world renowned photographer with numerous awards, he travels the world and will transform your wedding day into an artistic masterpiece!
    We had searched high and low for a photographer, we wanted beautiful pictures that would tell a story. Something classical yet unique, we wanted emotion and sensitivity in our photos...we were lucky enough to find Niko through his contest winning photo on the Wedding Photojournalist Association Website.
    I must confess I was a nervous bride, in addition to the normal wedding stress, I was also getting married in a foreign country! From the moment Niko arrived all my stress went away. He makes you feel beautiful and radiates this positive energy! He can make every detail perfect! He even made makeup and hair suggestions that were perfect. He was calm and professional and guided me throughout the day. I almost forgot he was there at times, but he captured every single moment with his photojournalism artistic flare!
    People from all over the word have seen my wedding photos (we have many international friends) and they are completely in awe of Niko's talent. I cannot say enough! He travels for weddings and is competitively priced! Take a look at his portfolio: http://nikosgogas.com. Simply amazing!

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I just finished watching my wedding video and felt the need to write a review b/c these guys are amazing!!! I looked into a lot of videographer options and most that I saw were very cheap/cheesy looking. But not Dwayne & Maria from NY Signature Films...these guys are SO good. You can tell right away from the clips on their website: http://www.nysignaturefilms.com/. Our video is so professional looking and they made really cool edits to it. The day of the wedding they were really nice too and I barely knew they were there. If you're anywhere in the tri-state area, and need a videographer, check out their website asap and it will speak for itself. Happy weddings! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    i'm a professional photographer based in europe, but for people in america,New york specifically, i absolutely recommend GUTE PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES- 917 310 9154.
    they're really good.
  • edited December 2011
    I used and loved Forever Yesterday Photography (http://forever-yesterday.com/). Jenni did AMAZING work. Seriously, folks see my photos and are amazed at how awesome they are. She was so professional and I couldn't be happier! And her prices were awesome too. I had looked at some other photographers, but for what she was offering and at what prices, I had to go with her. I am pleased as punch that we did!

Our videographer was Creative Video of Delaware (http://www.creativevideodelaware.com/). I loved them. Bill captured everything I was hoping for and more. And their price just couldn't be beat!
  • edited December 2011

I couldn't agree more with "Gelihead" about Abella!  I just had my wedding last Saturday and Abella Studios was my photographer (specifically, Ryan).  I could NOT have asked for a better experience!!!  My pictures are absolutely AMAZING!!!  My friends and family can't believe that I actually have all of the pictures already... it hasn't even been a week!!!  The office staff at Abella is friendly and helpful.  I felt that I could call with any question and they were there to help.  My photographer knew what pictures I wanted to make sure to capture and he got every single one.  He also took some spectacular pictures that I never would have thought to take! 

I HIGHLY recommend Abella Studios!!!

• edited December 2011
    My wedding was last month and I have to take a minute to brag on my photographers and videographers. They were awesome and will travel.

Photography
    : www.andunlimited.com/ Meredith Perdue, & Unlimited (NC and Maine): Meredith Perdue with & Unlimited is based in Maine, but she is from NC and returns frequently for work and to visit family. I was lucky enough to book her for my wedding in March. She was in NC for other jobs so we could easily schedule an engagement session (www.andunlimited.com/paige-nick/) and bridal portraits. Her work is very impressive and she has already been featured on wedding planning blogs and magazines. I wanted a mix of traditional and creative (non-traditional) photos and she captured it all. I have all the family formals to make my grandparents happy and I have some really fun, unique and creative photos from the engagement/bridal sessions and awesome photos from the day of the wedding (www.andunlimited.com/carolina-inn-wedding/). She captured special moments while I was getting ready with the girls and excellent shots of the ceremony and reception. I’m not a big DIY’er, but I created a few things and Meredith did a beautiful job of highlighting these details and making them look amazing.

Boudoir Photography: Story Photographers (Raleigh): I wanted to work with a local photographer who specializes in boudoir and Ashley Stephenson with Story Photographers came highly recommended. My sister and I scheduled a session together and this helped take off the pressure. Ashley made me feel very comfortable and I was thrilled with the result. If you’re thinking about taking the leap to do a boudoir session, go for it! It was an awesome experience.

Cinematography: www.inkspotcrow.com/" InkSpot Crow Films (Durham): My review of Philip and MacKenzie with InkSpot Crow is going to be glowing, but really nothing I say can do it justice. Just watch the video (www.inkspotcrow.com/2011/04/02/nick-paige-wedding-highlights/) -- it’s less than 4 minutes long) – it says it all. When I first started wedding planning, a wedding video was not in the budget. I thought it was something we could do without. I am so glad we decided to have the video. It is a little bit of a splurge, but if there is any way to work it into your budget, I recommend it. Wedding videography isn’t what it used to be. They captured the best moments of the night and I am so proud of my video. I have a mini-movie of the wedding day and it is absolutely my favorite thing from the wedding. They produced a 4-minute highlights video that I can share on Facebook and email around. We get 3 copies of a longer video (20 mins.) on DVD. You get so much value for the money. I highly recommend!
  • BdancerBdancer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peri and Patrick did an excellent job of getting the footage needed to make a lasting memory of our wedding. We put them through the hoops by having a last minute change in venue due to weather and they made things work without a glitch. Contact with Peri never rendered a time where we wondered if we were going to hear from her in regards to our questions about her services, all the way through the final editing of our video. We definitely would use her services again and recommend her to anyone in the Monterey/Central California coast area.
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to post a quick review in hopes of helping any brides in search of great wedding photographers. It was so important to me to have photographers that would cover every part of my wedding, offer high end albums, reasonable prices, and not get in the way. After much research, I decided to go with W4 Photography and I am so happy I did! They drove from Asheville to Wilmington for the wedding and didn't even charge extra for the travel or accommodations! They went above and beyond what I was looking for. I've been looking at the photos over and over and over...... Thanks so much guys!

• edited December 2011
    For professional videographers, visit us at http://www.digitalmovingimages.com.
    ask us about our summer special.
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Powers Photography Studios out of Portland Oregon. Their website is www.powersstudios.com. They have a customized way to match you with just the perfect photographer for your own style. 

They have been very professional and prompt (not to mention all the Bridal award they have won).  We had to move our wedding date and they have been nothing but helpful to us.

You actually own the photographs they take and they are kind of enough to let you print them yourself if you choose to.

It is definately worth your time to look into Power Studios for your engagement and wedding pictures.  They are AWESOME!

Linsey Forni
  • edited December 2011

I just watched my highlight video by John Kevin Films and I got inspired to give this post.  Needless to say I am very happy with it.  I met John in November at a bridal expo.  Very personable and friendly.  He met with my fiance and I later that month go over ideas and the contract.  I was a tad bit concerned that I had not seen any of his work (he later explained that he operated in California previously and that privacy concerns most of his work is not online.) So he came to our house and gave us a viewing of his previous work and we were very impressed.  Great hd quality and great editiing.  And he did not disappoint me when it came to our video.  I just wanted to put this out here becasue I saw a previous post by someone who had not even used him that was negative and speculative more than anything.  I just wanted other brides who were looking for great quality at a great price to know that John Kevin comes highly recommended.  Here is my link by the way....and no I'm not a vendor.  I'm a real bride.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLm673SUCIs

Patience

• edited December 2011
    Redmond Digital Media provides OUTSTANDING videography!  They have beautiful highlight videos of incredible quality for affordable prices, compared to other videography companies who charge thousands and deliver mediocre work. I have spent hours searching for a videographer and this is the best I've found. 

So here's a tip for you fellow brides: http://www.redmonddigitalmedia.com/

I hope you love them as much as I do!

Southern California and Minnesota 

:)
  • michelle7102michelle7102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved my photographer!!!  I used Karalija Photography in Pensacola, FL.  Her work is available for viewing on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Karalija-Photography

• edited December 2011

Miranda and her team  at Blossom Blue went above and beyond our wildest dreams, snapping away during our ceremony while we barely even noticed their presence. During our formals – and during the fun beach shots we took with our bridal party - they were so engaging and attentive, suggesting attractive compositions, using areas of our venue that we hadn’t even made note of and making us all feel comfortable and relaxed  in front of their cameras.  Miranda made sure to beautifully and artistically capture all our special moments in such a sweet and touching way.  She truly captured the feel and mood and absolute joyfulness of the day expertly!  We couldn’t be more pleased!

And did I mention what a sweetheart Miranda herself is?  She’s just wonderful to work with and truly loves what she does – and it shows!  The passion she has for photography – and the genuine care for the people she is photographing - is evident in every single shot she takes!  I would highly recommend her to my closest friends and family!  She simply is the BEST!

http://www.blossombluephotography.com/

Here's a little presentation of photographs and video clips she put together for us if you'd like to see a sample of her amazing work:
    http://youtu.be/Cwz6yButelA

Dennis & Christie - May 14, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i also love my photographer. www.fabuluxephotos.com - her name is Claudia
  • edited December 2011
    I cannot recommend evangeline lane photography enough.  She answered every question and met with me without hesitation.  I found her from searching online for "indie" photographer and couldn't be happier with the results!  So many photogs out there are doing the same generic photography and I really wanted something different and non traditional.  Well, that's her thing and boy did she deliver!!!  If you want untraditional, indie or alternative wedding photography then you must contact her!!
  • edited December 2011
    For Photographer and Videographer needs send your inquiry to:
    http://callashooter.com/
  • edited December 2011
    i got married on the 4th of july and all my vendors were great thay went above the call of duty,,,,,,first the place were we had the wedding and reception HOPE CABINS IN GALION OHIO,,,,,a beautiful place not only did she bonnie the owner,,,,help with making the family feel welcome she stocked all cabins with soda,,,,juice for the kids,,,,,and snacks in the refridgerator,,,,,,we enjoyed,,,,then when everyone started to arrive she noticed a couple of them had walkers my grandparents,,,,,,she went and got her golf cart out and picked them cup and brought them to the wedding sight and then took them to the reception hall,,,,WONDERFUL,,i will never forget that.then second,, the hog roast people got their at 9am to cook the hog which was fantastic,,,,when we entered the hall thay had it on the counter and thay were behind the counter with bibs on ready to serve i was very surprised,,i didnt know thay were going to serve it to,,,everyone at the wedding was excited,,,,hnhhogroast out of wooster ohio i recommend them highly.then third,,,,,MY PHOTOGRAPHER.....he helped serve the cake yes i said serve the cake,,,,lol,,,,he enjoyed my wedding so much we wanted everyone to get cake so he cut it and served every table my bestman even took his picture while he was serving it,,,,lol,,,,,it was amazing,,,we laughted about it so hard i thought i was going to pee myself,,,,,,PICTURE DAY PHOTOGRAPHY,,,,KEN,,,,FROM MANSFIELD OHIO,,,,last but not least my dj,,JR THE DJ,,,OUT OF LEXINGTON OHIO,,,,was great he played everything i requested and he danced and mingled with the crowd,,,,,thay all thought he was family,,,,got the people moving,,,,,he even played spongebob theme for the kids,,,my 3 year old grandson loved it,,,,,,so if anyone need any of them i can tell you ,,,you wont regret them any of them,,,,,and most important thay all took pictures and sent them to me on my facebook so what the photographer didnt get someone did,,,,,THANK GOD FOR ALL OF YOU AND WHAT YOU DID FOR ME IT WOULDNT OF BEEN THE SAME WITHOUT EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.
  • JinnyBri7911JinnyBri7911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding ceremony outside at the Ocean Club at Grande Dunes was being rained upon. As a panic strucken bride, Brooke Christl helped to make sure my dream of an outside wedding ceremony would come true. My spirits were very low at this point. Somehow by the grace of God, a small window for us to get outside to get married came along. We cut the ceremony in half and got the pictures of our dreams right outside and on the beach! My husband HATES PICTURES but when we met Brooke and saw her work, we were hooked right away. We are more than pleased with our pictures and he even loves them too! This meant the world to me, that Brian loved the way he looked. We aren't exactly photogenic but she magically made us look fantastic! I would recommend her to any destination or local bride. She is worth every single penny I spent. She even accommadated me by creating my own package for me. She even carried my dress to make sure it didn't get all wet outside! THANK YOU BROOKE FOR MAKING US SO HAPPY and we can't wait to see the rest of our pictures!!!

Take a look at her blog and check out our HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO!

http://brookechristlphotography.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/jennifer-brian-sneek-peak/

You can see what she can do even in the rain!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards