Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    I'm going dress shopping next week!

Pictures will be posted when I find THE dress Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:731822c0-85d2-4000-809c-2dfdb1c0ce59">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going dress shopping next week! Pictures will be posted when I find THE dress
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

Have fun!

I got nothin.  Dropped Brisby off at the vet this morning.  Ginny and I are traumatized.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:3fab939b-d64d-44ef-8add-1cb6b9551f0f">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : Have fun! I got nothin.<strong>  Dropped Brisby off at the vet this morning.  Ginny and I are traumatized.</strong>
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>What's wrong?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:6e317eda-42dd-4a9b-9008-94450274e23c">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : Oh,<strong> Brisby's just getting her teeth cleaned.</strong>  But this is the first time since I've had her that she's had a "surgical" procedure and it is also the first time Ginny's been separated from her.

<div>This was a traumatic experience for me when I took Copper to have his cleaned. I won't do it again.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:c60d0674-52d4-45f5-a1fa-6cae69dffe23">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : What's wrong?
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Oh, Brisby's just getting her teeth cleaned.  But this is the first time since I've had her that she's had a "surgical" procedure and it is also the first time Ginny's been separated from her.
    Anniversary

• Options
    So, all the complaining I did yesterday about these stupid projects, all the plagiarism, it has all been redeemed.  A kid managed to work QR codes into her project.

I am beyond impressed.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Got our full set of e-pics back last Friday, but I've been too busy to post the link. Will do so in a separate post in just a few minutes :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I got nothin'.  I've been thinking about those people involved in the accident in Arlington yesterday.  I will never understand.  It was so senseless for those two people two have died.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Angelsong- I just read an article about that. It's so horrible!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:6e317eda-42dd-4a9b-9008-94450274e23c">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : Oh, Brisby's just getting her teeth cleaned.  But this is the first time since I've had her that she's had a "surgical" procedure and it is also the first time Ginny's been separated from her.

<div>I swear I responded to you but TK ate my post apparently. </div><div>
    </div><div>I hated leaving Copper for his teeth cleaning and I swear I will never do it again. </div><div>
    </div><div>Angel-How ridiculous is that? There are crazy people out there. I just hope the shooter gets locked away for life.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:c6cb71ec-b5fa-4f38-9beb-21114d761ba3">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got nothin'.  I've been thinking about those people involved in the accident in Arlington yesterday.  I will never understand.  It was so senseless for those two people two have died.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

There were three random shootings yesterday!  A guy rang a lady's doorbell and shot her in Mesquite.  Then last night, two people were shot not far from where I live.  One of the victims was apparently also run over.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:9178ca6b-53ec-4c89-8011-2db4e1cb87f2">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : There were three random shootings yesterday! <strong> A guy rang a lady's doorbell and shot her in Mesquite.</strong>  Then last night, two people were shot not far from where I live.  One of the victims was apparently also run over.

<div>No joke this is two streets over from the street I lived on until I moved out!</div><div>
    </div><div>However, I heard that the police think she knew the guy who came to the door. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:6a13e548-3710-4667-b986-b6e2d4cae69f">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : No joke this is two streets over from the street I lived on until I moved out! However, I heard that the police think she knew the guy who came to the door. 

They aren't saying much about this one.  While they think she knew him, it's still a little scary!
  • Options
    I know. That's why I hardly ever go back. Much less stay there. 

FILs are looking at buying another house in that area. But they want to make sure "I'll let the grandkids stay the night". Well I guess you should pick a neighborhood where people don't get shot at their doors.
  • Options
    That's crazy! 

I've seen a few FB statuses lately about people who have siblings that are still at JHHS or people who graduated in my class that went to visit family that still live in the area who have been robbed at gun point.  

We thought we were going to have to go pick up FI's Grandparents truck tonight...I was trying to get out of it (and we did) because I didn't want to have to stop and get gas out there. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-115?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6a59eeb4-bb70-4bdc-856c-61b51861d139Post:f2e4ae7e-6d9a-42ad-895c-2115e4482f1c">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know. That's why I hardly ever go back. Much less stay there.  FILs are looking at buying another house in that area. But they want to make sure "I'll let the grandkids stay the night". Well I guess you should pick a neighborhood where people don't get shot at their doors.

My dad and brother live over by NMHS and it's getting a little scary there too.  There are some teenagers who just stage fights in the middle of the streets, some kids who throw rocks at our cats when they're in the front yard (one of the reasons they don't really go outside anymore), my brother is convinced that the people next door are running a meth lab, and there are some bad elements moving in.  About two weeks after my dad started remodeling last year, the house across the street from us went on sale.  My dad was pretty disappointed because, even though Clark would hate it out there, they would like to be closer.  Also, they come and visit us a lot more now or we meet half way.  It's really sad that Mesquite is becoming less desirable.  Oh, do you remember when the donut store employee was murdered?  That happened two minutes from their house and they had just been in the shop before it happened. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards