Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Rock the dress

I just heard about this kind of session this week and wanted to find out some more. Have you done them? What did you do during them? I'm thinking about doing them but I do not think that my photographer has ever done them so I want to have some ideas for when I talk to her. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Rock the dress

• sdump1sdump1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its just another marketting gimmick.. I guess trash the dress sounded too much like a bad thing so a bunch of photographer replaced that with 'rock the dress' which I guess sounds better.

Basically you just go around places with your dress... its just another portrait session if you ask me.
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I chose to do a Rock the Dress session for our first anniversary. Our photos from the shoot were our version of the traditional first anniversary gift of paper. We chose to make it a weekend getaway, finding a location and photog a few hours away from where we live. Our photog had done many weddings but this was her first RTD shoot. I was able to collect a few nice examples of photos online to show her, and we let her creative side do the rest. We also did a lot of research into unique locations in the area, choosing the ruins of the Thomas Iron Works as a backdrop to our photos. We had a great experience and a lot of fun in the process. Here were a few of our favs from the shoot, the rest can been seen in my bio if you are interested.

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    We did the "trash the dress" session.... It was a lot of fun and pics were amazing...but yeah, it is a bit of a gimmick...
  • edited December 2011
    ~mRm~ I love your photos! That's a neat idea of doing it for the first anniversary. I might have to steal that idea from you if that's ok. I e-mailed my photographer and she says she's done a few of them. Hopefully I'll be able to see some samples of the ones she's done. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1431875&id=1320949479#!/photo.php?pid=1416934&id=1320949479&fbid=1527433268707

it is a portrait session, but designed to make you feel like a rock star supermodel, and it gives you another chance to wear that gown again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards