Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

What do I ask the photographers when I meet with them??

We are meeting with the first photographer on our list tomorrow afternoon and I'm realizing I have NO idea what it is I am supposed to ask them. We will meet with a few before booking one team but does anyone have any tips for what to ask and discuss with them ahead of time?

Thanks in advance!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do I ask the photographers when I meet with them??

• edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_what-do-i-ask-the-photographers-when-i-meet-with-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:b03c8f13-69f9-4d25-ab7c-f0cb8c51f582Post:91fd55fc-563d-4d69-a622-81e547e22ded">What do I ask the photographers when I meet with them??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are meeting with the first photographer on our list tomorrow afternoon and I'm realizing I have NO idea what it is I am supposed to ask them. We will meet with a few before booking one team but does anyone have any tips for what to ask and discuss with them ahead of time? Thanks in advance!!!
    Posted by Veesmart[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi, here are some good questions to ask photographers:</div><div>
    </div><div>What is the timeframe of our wedding photos & album will be delivered?</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you bring as assistant shooter with you or is that included in the photo collection package?</div><div>
    </div><div>Can I get some references?</div><div>
    Can I see a full wedding that you've done recently?</div><div>
    </div><div>Can I see a wedding album sample?</div><div>
    </div><div>Hope this helps! <a href="http://www.tyrellbanksphotography.com" rel="nofollow">www.tyrellbanksphotography.com</a></div>
  • Tyrell posted good questions, but it's a shame they're a vendor- vendors aren't allowed on the boards. So I'll repeat their questions encase they get banned:

What is the timeframe of our wedding photos & album will be delivered?

Do you bring as assistant shooter with you or is that included in the photo collection package?

Can I get some references?

Can I see a full wedding that you've done recently?

Can I see a wedding album sample?

You should also ask:

How long will you be available the day of the wedding (aka do you pay by the hour, or will they just be there all day?)?

Do you work with someone that can cover if you get sick / are unable to make the wedding?

Do I get rights to the photos (if yes, which ones? Just the album photos? just the edited photos? all photos?)

Ask to see a raw vs an edited picture.

Is there an engagement session included? 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards