Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photo Questions, want to hear from vendors too!

Hi!

So we've met with a few photographers and are trying to make a final decision. 

#1 offers a single photographer for 6 hours and includes an album, and a total of 38 metallic prints (various sizes). 

#2 offers two photographers for all day coverage, and includes a short photo recap video and a $75 credit to their online store to order prints (would be about 10 metallic 4x6, for comparison... we could get regular, but we LOVED the metallic prints we saw!)

Other than that, prices are nearly identical, and we love their work equally. We'd get around 700 photos from either and full rights to all images. 

I'm wondering if you have any suggestions on who you would go with? Is it worth it to pay so much to order through your photographer for prints/albums, or can you get equal quality off of Mpix.com for example? We are leaning toward photographer #2, but I know we'll want prints and the prices at his online store are easily 3-4x the cost of prints at mpix.com. (I know better than to order prints I really want to love at walmart, but i've heard good reviews about sites like mpix, or even snapfish for some things... )

Thoughts? Tips?

Re: Photo Questions, want to hear from vendors too!

• Options
    If you get the printing rights to te CD you can print them yourself so I wouldn't base my decision on that.  I would go with #2 due to the second shooter and all day coverage, assuming you like their quality of work equally.
  • Options
    ditto to PP.

our photographer didn't even offer any print packages. he just straight up gave us the photo files to print wherever/however on whatever material we wanted.  we've created canvas prints, metal prints, photo books, etc.

i'd much rather have the 2 photographer all day coverage.

go with the best quality photographer, and the best service.  worry about prints and such later. you can do those fairly cheaply from 3rd party services.
  • Options
    I would suggest printing through your photographer. IF they are professional they have professional labs. Mpix is a great lab however, its not as high quality as White house custom color or Millers Lab. Different papers, different results. I had all of mine printed through my photographer. They were amazing. I printed some myself as last minute Christmas gifts and they did not look nearly as good. 
    Go with 2 photographers and all day coverage. You will get way more bang for your buck. The photographer I refer to all of my brides is the same one that did my wedding and she pushes all day bc of the specialty shots. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards